Chapter 7

I OWN NOTHING OF ONCE UPON A TIME OR THE VAMPIRE DIARIES!!!! If I did, then it would be a lot different!!! Regina would have gotten her happy ending! I love her character.

Mystic Falls- Regina

On the way back to Mystic Falls Klaus offered to drive. I happily accepted. It was always a lot to use magic especially if I was transporting people. Magic was very tiring, and I was out of practice. I was so emotionally drained from seeing the Charmings. I was delighted to spend time with Henry. I will miss my little boy. He has always been a happy boy. Before we left, I made sure that I had given him my new phone number so we could keep in contact with each other. He reminded me of when I was a little girl, always wanting to be free, wanting just to run — Marry who I wanted to. I never wanted to be queen. I just wanted to be with David. Right now I was enjoying people not judging me for my awful past and just getting to know the real me.

I was wondering if my heart was still as black as it was. It probably was. There was not a lot of good in me. Even if I could start over and try to be the best person I could it would not matter. I would still have a black heart. Somethings I don't forgive myself for doing.

We were an hour into our trip back home when I fell asleep. I had been so tired that I could barely keep my eyes open. I am not sure how long I was asleep for but when I woke up the car was parked, and we were sitting in a parking lot outside of a restaurant.

"Good you are up. I figured that we could stop and get something to eat." I hear Klaus's voice.

"That sounds good. I have not eaten anything since this morning. Also magic took a lot out of me." I said stretching.

"By the way, the whole purple smoke thing is so cool. It is a fancy way of traveling." He said opening his door and getting out.

I got out of the car and grabbed my purse that was by my feet. "Thank you," I said.

He grabbed my hand, and we walked into the restaurant. We waited to be seated at a table. After we were sitting in a corner booth, we started looking through the menu.

The waitress came up to our table and asked us what we could get to drink. Klaus ordered water, and I ordered a tea. The waitress flirted with Klaus before walking away and getting us our drinks. I brushed off that she was flirting with him. I was not going to get jealous. A few moments later she came back with our drinks. She asked us what she could get us. We ordered our food and waited for it to come to us. We made small talk while we waited. About 10 minutes later she came back with our meal. Klaus was telling me in more detail about his mother and father and what it was like growing up.

"My mother was a witch. We were not always monsters. We lived in a village in 990 AD. There was a werewolf problem near us. My father, Mikael, was trying to train us not to be weak. He would have us fight with swords. It was a challenge. After my youngest brother, Henry was killed by a werewolf Mikael thought that we should be turned into something that could help fight the wolves. After we were turned, I found out that my mom had an affair with a wolf and that I was a descendant of a wolf. My mom put a spell on me so I could not turn into a wolf. The only way that I could get my wolf gene to work again was to get blood from the Petrova doppelganger and break the curse. Mikael was after us for a century. We ran for our lives. He was turned into something that could kill us. After the run-in with him in New Orleans, we never had to deal with him again. We want to keep it like that."

"Wow. That is a lot. So you needed Elena's blood?"

"Yes. She was not the first doppelganger that I had met. There was Katherina. She was sly and got someone to turn her into a vampire before I could get her blood."