Chapter 2

Okay.... I know that no one is reading this story but I will always upload... :) oh and btw i am in the middle of editing this chapter and chapter 1 so please please if you are reading, bare with me... :D

Chapter 2

I woke up to an insane pounding in my head threatening to kill me on the spot. My eyes fluttered open trying to make sense of where I was but immediately snapped shut when a bright light pierced through them. Shifting from side to side, I tried to push myself up with my arms but they seemed out of reach... Something very odd because I could feel them hugging me tight and pinching through my skin. Eyes still closed, I forcefully tried to peel my arms from my side but they wouldn't budge so i forced my resistant eyes to open so that i could see what was keeping them that way.

Once my eyes adjusted to the light, I used them to look for the object trapping my arms.

Two colours (white and brown) came into view but that is not what grabbed my attention bringing a deafening scream to my lips... it was the metal securing dark brown flaps to either side of my body. 

"Sara Walker is awake." came a loud voice, pushing me into a corner from fear.

Where was I and why was I wearing a straightjacket? I had seen them before on mental patients but mainly on dare devils in the world of fashion .... I hoped that I was the latter but the voice that had come through the walls told me otherwise.  

Chanting and shivering with terror, i pushed harder into the wall praying and hoping that it would swallow me whole.

I wanted to disappear from the dream and wake but the harder I pushed, the more pain I felt which meant that what was happening was real.

Still in denial, I bit down-hard-on my tongue hoping that some dreams out there caused tremendous pain but as I swallowed my own blood and tears, it sunk in that I was never going to rise from the nightmare.

After what felt like years, I wiped away my stinging tears and tried to study my surroundings. My eyes caught sight of the walls first as nothing obstructed them from me... Drowned in black, they carried no pictures and supported nothing.

While struggling to push myself off the wall into a standing position, I noticed the extra help it provided.

Once I was up, I looked at the wall and took in how odd it was with a few delicate holes punched into it. Remembering that my hands where of no use, I pushed my head against the wall to feel it's texture and felt it disappear...

The walls seemed to be sponged.

I pulled my head back fascinated at how walls could be so soft and walked to the middle of the room to study it further. The bounce in each step I took was not hard to miss. It reminded me of the best day of my life… my twelfth birthday… the day I was introduced to a bouncing castle.

 Stunned once again, I walked around in a circle trying to feel the bounce again, trying to work out what the floor was made of… rubber, sponge?? It was very strange but it wasn’t until later that I discovered what exactly it was made of and why I was in such a room.

My name was suddenly mentioned again but this time it came from the room I was in... at least I remembered something... My name.... Sara Walker  

"Sara Walker."  The voice rang again but this time a bit closer.

All I did was turn coming face to face with two big men wearing white. Each of their right hand had a strong grip on long objects making the big veins in their arms pop out.

One of the objects snapped its teeth at   me as the shorter man walked towards me.  

"Okay Sara." he said putting his empty hand up in surrender and the one holding the object pointing at me. "Do not give us a hard time like you did yesterday and every other day... all we need to do is take you to have a shower."  

"A shower?" I questioned looking from him to the man standing trembling by the door. 

"Yes only a shower." he said with a smile taking another step towards me ... arms still in the same position.  

As he came closer I felt the need to cross my arms over my chest defensively because some how I knew that he was the one going to give me a shower. 

"How am I going to shower with my hands tied so close to my chest?" I queried trying to squeeze myself into the spongy wall.  He moved forward with each step I took.

"You know very well Sara that Michael and I give you a bath." he uttered pointing towards the still trembling man by the door. His eyes were as wide as saucers and it seemed like he was about to turn and bolt

"But you're men." I said in an arguitive tone. 

I watched as he shifted all his weight onto his left leg in annoyance and spat his next words at me. "If you behaved like the rest of the females on this ward maybe you would not have men giving you a bath."  

I had nothing to say to that so I kept quiet looking towards Michael. He looked so terrified and for some reason, I knew that it was me who brought out the fear in him. That’s when I ran the man before me-‘s words through my mind again and came to the one that terrified me the most “ward.”

My eyes snapped towards him. “Ward?”

He looked at me stunned for a moment before his face took up the emotionless expression he had been aiming at me since he stepped into the room. “Yes ward, now are you willing to have a peaceful shower today?" he asked blocking my view of Michael who had started to look at me with confusion.  

Stepping to the right, I gained my view of Michael again who looked friendlier than the douche bag before me. "I will only go willingly if Michael takes me." I said facing the floor.  

"What?" he shouted pushing my eyes towards him. As they travelled to meet his eyes, they landed on a name tag pinned over his left breast. Tom Branning it said in bold black letters.

My eyebrows furrowed in wonder as his name rang in my mind over and over again. All I could think about was the name Tom and the fact that it did not suit him. Tom-s were always gentle and spoke in a calm manner and yet the man taking threatening steps towards me seemed violent and cruel... It was just a name but it troubled me greatly.

"I will only go willingly if Michael takes me." I repeated quietly. Something about the frightened man told me that he would let me have some dignity by letting me bathe myself.

"Tha-" Tom started but was cut off by a gentle voice coming from the door.

"I will take it from here Tom." Michael said walking towards me with a confident stride. He looked much taller than Tom with a strong jaw and short well-kept brownish blonde hair.

"Michael..." Tom said in a warning tone but Michael grabbed onto my arm and pushed me through the door roughly. As I stumbled after Michael, I looked over my shoulder to see a confused Tom with his lower lip hanging low. 

A few seconds later we rounded a corner and as I looked up at Michael he seemed puzzled almost as if my mere existence bugged him to the core. Suddenly, he pushed me to the wall and faced me, looking deep into my eyes. His eyes were a beautiful green but held so much emotion that snapped my head to the left. Something about the way he looked at me made me uncomfortable.

"What is going on with you?" he asked, pushing me harder into the wall.

"I... I don't know what you mean." I stammered trying hard to avoid his eyes but he was quick to block my view with his again in a matter of seconds.

"Wha-" he trailed.

“What are you doing?” I asked as his hands tightened around my neck.

"Y-you w-would have cut or hit me by now..." he chanted loosening his grip and taking a step back.

Suddenly his eyes met mine studying them for a moment before he spoke. "Who the hell are you?"

 NOTE

Sorry about the many errors... never written anything like this before.... Its not an excuse... just trying to say that I am learning.