Chapter 23

(Lucifer's POV)

Kissing her, it felt so familiar. At the same time, it felt like it had been ages since doing so. The sound of her bedroom door closing makes me get up and follow after her. When I reach her door I lightly knock "Angela...", no response "Angela, can you open the door?" I ask "no." She quickly, but softly,  replies "I shouldn't have done that, I honestly don't know why I did it.", I hear her sigh "Can we talk about this tomorrow?" she asks, "of course, goodnight.".

IN THE MORNING

(Angela's POV)

Another night without nightmares, thank god! however, I was mildly pissed to be woken up by arguing in the living room. I try to block out the sound but get up, get ready to meet some girls from work and head out to confront whoever lulu is yelling at before I leave. "What have you done to her?!?" Lucifer yells. I hide just around the corner his words stopping me in my tracks. "I haven't done anything. Everything she's going through is from being around you.", Amenadiel argues, "then why were you in her hospital room after jace shot her!?", this argument is about me? "I SAVED HER LIFE!! If I hadn't healed her she'd be dead right now.", "You expect me to believe that?", "it was done at fathers request." Amenadiel sighs. "He will not have her back in heaven, and with you refusing to return to hell...", "what exactly is that supposed to mean?" I say Coming out from around the corner in need of answers. "Yes brother what does that mean?" Lucifer instigates, "Angela. You have two large scars on your back." Amenadiel says, "how- how do you know about those?" I ask surprised "hold on I saw you in an open back dress not two days ago." Lucifer says, "makeup. I was born with those, not even Chloe knows about them." I answer. Amenadiel turns to Lucifer, "there's your answer. Should I tell her or would you prefer to?", "tell me what?" I look to Lucifer. "That doesn't explain why we seem to be connected in some way." Lucifer says to his brother ignoring me. "Don't be stupid, Lucifer.", "tell me what?!?" I yell getting their attention. "Angela...you're an angel." Lucifer answers, I chuckle, "yea, okay, and you're really the devil." I reply with a scoff. "It's true." His brother says, "you have those scars because you were sentenced to have your wings removed, when our father charged you with the corruption of an arch angel. Thus leading to the corruption of humans.", my eyes widen as he says the same words and that have plagued my nightmares for weeks.

"How...those are..." I trail off, suddenly Amenadiel shows his wings as they appear from nowhere. they are large and definitely not fake, this is real, this is happening. A wave of fear washes over me as I slowly turn to Lucifer. "Then...you're really...?", he sighs before his fav changes from the human one I know to the face I saw in his reflection the night I was stabbed. He quickly changes back when he Des my terrified expansion as I slowly make my way past him. "Angela, I know-", "you stay away from me!" I yell cutting him off. I sprint for the stairs "Angela!" He yells after me I've never run so fast in my life, being careful not to run down the stairs too fast. "Angela, wait!" He calls again as I reach the bottom. I run for the door, "Everything okay?" Maze asks stopping me for a moment when I remember what Lucifer said when we met. She's a demon. I push past her and run out the door and get a taxi in record time. "Airport, step on it!" I yell as I jump in the back seat.

When he pulls up to the curb of the airport I lay him and head inside to buy a plane ticket. Good thing I was planing on going out when all this happened or I'd have no money. I go up to the counter and buy a one way ticket to New York. I shoot a quick text to my friend telling her I'm coming for a visit. She quickly responds and tells me I can crash with her. I get through security and find my gate. My phone rings, it's Chloe. I reject the call and switch my phone to airplane mode. They call for my flight to board. I'll call Chloe when I land.

(Lucifer's POV)

"What the hell happened!?!" Chloe yells at me when Angela sends her to voicemail. "Don't blame me, blame my brother. I did try to go after her." I defend myself, "well whatever happened she's missing. I'll be at the station trying to track her down a. Call if you hear from her." She says leaving LUX. "Now what happened? Why did Angela run out of here?" Maze asks, "turns out she's an angel or was rather." I say pouring myself a drink. "What?", "Yes, I had the same reaction.", "and she believed you?" He asks, "not at first." I say then down my drink in one go. "So you proved it to her." She says piecing it all together. "Now if you'll excuse me. I've got to find out where she went and why where connected.", I head back up stairs to find my brother still standing there. "What are you still doing here?", "you are not to  try and find her." He demands "last I checked I don't take orders from you!" My anger growing with each word. "This is your Final warning, Lucifer. If you don't listen to me there's is nothing I can do. For either of you." He says and leaves. Just who is Angela to me? Who is she to my family?