1

The man of spiders was out on his usual patrol, swinging from building to building waiting to hear a cry for help. It seemed that this particular night wasn't holding a grudge against the boy for once, and he was glad to be able to clock out early for the night.

Beginning the swing home was simple, seeing as he was only a mere 20 blocks from his apartment. Aunt may would be excited to see him home early as well. She's probably up fussing about where he is now. It being only 9PM though, he knew she wouldn't have been worrying too long.

As he reached the third street from his building, he noticed something wrong. Something very wrong.

His building was alight with flames licking through the windows and, well, what was left of the wall anyway. It looked to have been blown through, like someone had put a stick of dynamite in one of the hanging planters.

Peter could see directly into his apartment, directly into the kitchen where his aunt should have been peacefully cooking. But she wasn't.

With adrenaline pumping through his veins, spider-man rushes towards the scene, already seeing police and fireman there. Ducking into an alleyway, he quickly changed into his everyday clothing and ran back to the front, seeing his aunt laying a few feet away from the building, no one had tended to her yet.

Peter sidestepped the officer who tried to stop him, and booked it to his aunts side. That's when he noticed the man in an iron suit, flying down to the scene. Tony noticed Peter right away, jogging to his side, only then noticing aunt may on the ground. Tony's mind went blank. How had he not noticed spideys aunt there? She was the last family the kid had for God's sake.

"P-peter..." Aunt Mays voice was hoarse, sounding dreadfully close to what you would expect of strep throat.

"No no no no, Aunt May, please no, you've gotta get up" Peter clung to her bruised and beaten body with a vice grip. Tony stood feet from him, watching the scene unfold. This woman... The one who means everything to Peter, was dying... And there was nothing he could do about it. He has JARVIS scan to see when an ambulance could get here, but it wouldn't be in time to save her.

Aunt May lifted her hand slightly, signaling for the man of iron to come closer. Stark steps forward, and kneels next to the breathless woman.

"Please... Watch over him... Keep him... out of trouble..." She says with a wavering voice.

"May, you know I can-" Peter cuts off Tony, panicking at his aunts words.

"D-Don't say that Aunt May, you're going to be fine. You're not going anywhere, he wont need to watch me. P-Please, you'll be fine...." Peter trails off as he holds the limp hand of his aunt.

The sound that came out of Peters mouth after his only remaining family member took their last breath, could only be described as pure agony.