mine, 001

¹
the first, lovely letter

THE SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD LAUGHED, punching his best friend's arm playfully, in which the older shoved him back softly. "I'm serious, Daniel! I'm not kidding," Jonah told him, a laugh trying to escape his lips as he saw Daniel trying to hide his smile. "Wait," Daniel shook his head, stopping in his steps. "You're serious, serious?" He questioned with widened eyes, looking at the taller boy. Once he had gotten a distressed 'yes' as a reply, Daniel's laughs fell from his tongue easily, not being able to control the small tears that glazed his eyes in laughter.

Jonah tugged on his arm carefully, making Daniel continue his walk to his locker. "Why would he do that? He seriously dressed up like that and waited for you," The younger questioned once his laughs died down, unlocking the metal, turquoise locker with the special code. He scrunched his nose at the sudden smell, but ignored it and turned to Jonah. "I really don't have a clue. It was attractive, though, not gonna lie," Jonah replied with a cough, the smell now getting the best of him.

"Dude, what the fuck do you keep in there?" Daniel shook his head in confusion. "I don't know, maybe someone's trying to pull a prank on me. Normally, there's only notebooks and a few pictures we took. Nothing that could smell," The ocean blue orbs looked up at Jonah cowardly. "I'm scared, i don't want whatever that is on my clothes,"

"Just open it, we don't have time for this. You know we need to be in math class early, because of the stunt we pulled last period," Daniel nodded his head. "I know, but what if there's something gross?" Jonah chuckled, replying to the younger who was staring at the locker with his lower lip between white fangs. "Then you have an excuse to go home,"

"Mhm," Daniel hummed, his hand touching the metal as he slowly pulled it towards him. The smell got stronger, the red liquid oozing down to the locker under his. "Oh, fuck," Daniel whispered, the locker was now opened and the sight he saw made him back up with a scream. The bloody scene was making him dizzy, swaying from left to right, until his legs gave out and he fell on the floor unconsciously.

Many screams were heard in East-Wood High, the fast footsteps of hundreds, including Jonah's, heard as they thumped against the floor, trying to get out as quickly as they could when the fire alarm blared through the school, accompanied by the fright as some people had seen Daniel flat on his back, the locker before him holding death.

There was only one person left, standing calmly as they watched the brunet boy laying on the ground. They had pulled the fire alarm. It seemed as if Daniel was peacefully sleeping, but the blood on his fingertips and the locker told everyone otherwise.

The human standing took slow steps towards him once the hallway had cleared out, bringing their lower lip between their teeth as they watched him intently. "Did you like my present, beautiful?" They questioned with a warming smile, brushing their fingers through Daniel's soft, brunet hair. They kept their smile, leaning down to press their lips against the unconscious boy's own. Once the figure stood to their feet and took a last look at the scene they created, they ran from the cut off head and their unconscious love, leaving a beautifully written letter behind.

Hi, Daniel,

I wish i could have told you this otherwise, face to face i have always hoped. But i can not and i'm sorry for that. I want to tell you that i have seen you. You and him. He forced you on the bed, he cuffed your wrists to the bedframe, he hurt you.

I have to admit, seeing you naked was like a dream come true, absolutely magical. Like a fairytale, almost.

But he had to ruin it. Jack Avery, your boyfriend. Sorry, your deceased ex-boyfriend. He hurt you like no other ever had and i was angry at him for that. For hurting you, punching you, raping you. You never deserved any of that and for years it went on, just until i built up enough courage to make him pay. That moment was yesterday.

I really hope you liked your present. He won't bother you anymore.

With all my love,
anonymous.

His body was shaking, the paper soaking in the tears that fell. The sweat he felt on his body, even though he was cold, the frightening feeling of someone watching him making his insides twist. He gripped the letter tightly, but quickly loosened his grip once he saw the small tearing in the lined paper.

Daniel sniffled, wiping his tears away angrily. He never asked for this and now there were hundreds of rumors going around, including him being the number one suspect for Jack Avery's murder case.

The teenager stood from his bed, letting the letter fall to the ground by his bare feet. His blue orbs watched the stars, wishing he could be one of them; he would never have to deal with anything— he just had to shine a little, beautiful light down for humans to see.

The rustling sounds from under him made the boy lean over the edge, he saw nothing but a shadowy figure running from his home. A cry left his lips, locking his window closed tightly and pulling the dark red curtains to each other.

There was no way the shadow could watch him now, or so he thought.