Chapter Forty-Six

"David!" Sydney yelled as he turned around to see a small goblin rush towards him. He struggled to see the tiny creature while he fought off two vampires in front of him, "Hold on Dan... I mean David!" Sydney yelled dodging a sword swing and then shot the wielder with a simple flint pistol. She rushed over where David was and shot the short goblin in the back of the head. David glared at her after killing the two vampires.

"I'm not Daniel." He still glared at her and she shrugged.

"Not my fault you look like him." She spat with a frown and then smirked, "Where's your buddy?" She asked and then David looked around. He saw his mother and Alonso surrounded by goblins and ran over to them to help.

Swinging a steel sword with his right hand, Alonso missed as a short goblin ducked under the blade. Angered at the attempt, the creature growled nasally and swung a spiked mace at Alonso's legs. Backing away, he cussed and kicked the short beast to the side and then slashed it with his sword. Three more dropped behind him with a thud as David and David's mother threw kunai at their heads. With a giant battle ax, David's mother chopped a skeleton cleanly in half.

Still running to get closer, David was ambushed by a vampire that cut him in the leg with a longsword, "Shit!" David exclaimed landing in the sand as pain pulsed from his leg and he moved to keep send from getting inside of it.

"David!" His mother yelled throwing a kunai at the Vampire's throat. He held an orb of water above the huge gash in his leg and it turned red and brown as blood and dirt were absorbed into it. Alise dropped next to him and she moved his hands away taking control of the orb.

"Save your aura it'll help you heal." She said, "Try to use your green aura to stop the bleeding." She said and Daniel grunted trying to concentrate but his body went cold and weak.

"Is he ok?" His mother asked and Alise nodded.

"Yeah just try to keep us safe as I try to do this," Alise stated this time his mother nodded.

"Can you all stop trying to die on me already?!" Daniel spat kneeling on the ground next to David.

"What are you talking about?" His mother looked at him and he could see the worried expression on her face without having to look.

"They used up almost all of their aura." He said not wanting to lie to her. He refilled David's blue aura and watched at the wound stayed the same not making much progress, "How deep is it?" Daniel asked and then Alise shook her head in frustration.

"It's deep enough. It won't stop bleeding." Alise watched David's face and then Bestienna hovered her hands over the orb of water and it started to glow green. David rested his back on the sand and looked up at the sky. Before he could close his eyes he felt someone shake him.

"Don't you dare go to sleep," Alonso demanded to hold David's head in his hands lightly looking at him.

"Are you ok?" Daniel's mother asked him as he stood up slowly and then turned to the water.

"No." He said and his eyes slowly swirled into a solid sapphire color. When his eyes started glowing the ocean next to them swirled and thrashed around angrily as he twisted into the air from the water made by his aura. As if giving someone hug water surged from the ocean and encased him in a small cocoon that dropped water as it hovered over the beach. He slowly transformed into his full-sized dragon form and roared at the water making it rippled from his breath. Startled by his roar, most of the aerial support on the other side fled not wanting to fight a dragon. He built up pressure in his mouth and then a beam of water left his cobalt blue body and melted the side of the of a ship and water surged into the hole. Shooting two more the same way, the other hundreds of small boats and ships lazily turned and started to float away down the shore. Daniel growled and watched as they scrambled to safety. He morphed back into a human and was held up in the air by a column of water.

"I don't think so." He said raising his hand up over his head bringing up a giant tidal wave that towered over the whole city, taller than every skyscraper in the city. Blocking their escape the ships slowly stalled to a stop and tried to find a way of escape. He brought his hand down quickly and then the wave rushed to the shore devouring everything in its path. Giant bats and reptiles screeched as they tried to fly over the wave but got caught up into it. Just before it could break on the beach it doubles back into the ocean as if stopped by an invisible wall as Daniel whirled his hands around trying to contain the flood. Slowly the ocean returned to its normal rhythm as Daniel lowered himself back onto the sand.

"Overboard much?" Sydney asked as people stared in awe at what they had just witnessed.

"No." He said coldly again, "If Jake wants to attack my new home. He's going to have to suffer the consequences." Daniel said as Alonso tried to keep David awake and then orbs slowly stopped collecting blood. Daniel glared as a familiar dragon flew down the shore heading south towards the undead kingdom.