Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

So, I'm new to this and I'm not sure how you guys will like this...I'm not that great of a writer, but I try. Anyways, this is something completely new to me and not really my style. But I thought "What the hell" and went with it.

This story IS a romance, but it has a greater plot other than a-girl-falls-in-love-with-this-guy-and-all-I'm-going-to-write-is-how-they-like-kissing-and-crap. No, it's not that kind of romance. Instead, this is a romance AND adventure. Hope you enjoy.

ݤ Chapter One ݤ

~Saturn~

I can detect lies. I know when someone is lying to me, or telling the truth. I can also make people think I'm telling the truth when I'm really lying. It's a beautiful gift - in my opinion - and I use it for both good, and sometimes, maybe even evil.

If you don't exactly understand what I'm talking about, let me break it down for you. Let's say, for instance, someone told me they kissed the hottest guy in school, but it was a lie. I would instantly know that they were lying because...well, I don't know exactly HOW, but something inside me just 'goes off.' I get this weird feeling and it lets me know things.

Now, let's say I wanted to lie but I didn't want to get caught (who doesn't?). I could stand in front of someone, say I have red hair (when I really have chocolate brown hair), and they would completely believe me- no questions asked.

Let me clear up something else- I rarely get in trouble. I could probably say I've NEVER gotten in trouble, in which you would believe me, but I want to be completely truthful with you. There was one incident that I got in a whole heap of trouble, but I won't get into that right now...

"SADIE! GET YOUR FREAKING BUTT DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!!"

That was, sadly, my sister. She is this overbearing, chaotic control freak and she hates that I never seem to get in trouble. So, since she doesn't know why I can always weasel myself out of sticky situations, she doesn't know of my 'powers' or 'talents'. Actually, no one outside of Mazor High School knows about any of our powers. And yes, I said our and I will explain that later.

"Coming!" I yelled from my room. I grabbed my backpack and threw it over my shoulder, grabbing my favorite gray sweater in the process. There is nothing like your favorite sweater to make you feel better...

I trotted down the stairs, just to see Ashley folded in the arms of Mr. Perfect. I don't like him, personally, but she's practically head over heels for him. And I think they are actually the perfect couple. Both are model material, both have their heads stuck up their asses, and both are considered the most popular people in high school as well as our neighborhood. Understand why I hate them?

Ashley flipped her long blonde hair (which is really bleached) in an attempt at flirting. She laughed her annoying giggle and somehow, Chad found it adorable. He kissed her on the lips and I instantly rolled my eyes.

"Why yell at me to come down when all you were going to do was make me watch you guys coddle each other?" I was completely irritated, almost to a physical point, but I stayed calm. The thought, 'why don't I just make him think he doesn't like her' passed in my head, but I shook it away. It didn't seem fair, even on my terms- who am I to judge?

"Will you shut up?" Ashley spat.

I almost went back on what I previously thought, but instead I just shot them daggers. "We should go."

Ashley just looked at me before grabbing onto Chad's arm, leading him to our car. She was the only one with the driver's license out of our siblings, and Chad...well I guess he just felt like tagging along this morning. It was either that or he was too damn lazy to just drive his own car and have to pay for the gas. Ashley was too blinded to refuse him, too.