Chapter 11

Phoenix POV

I groggily lifted my head, and attempted to take in my surroundings. Wherever I was, was dark, cold, and moldy. I then realize my hands are handcuffed around a pole, severely limiting my mobility. My mind was racing and I began to recall what had lead to me being here.

After my window escape had failed, backup had been mind linked. Alpha Ryan... Ex-Alpha Ryan entered the room, slowly clapping his hands mockingly at my failed attempt. "Good try darling, not good enough though," I recall him approaching me and slamming my head into the wall, that's where things went black.

My location now? No idea, I got basement vibes, but I really couldn't be sure. A small yelp escaped my mouth as all of my injuries past and present began to hit me. My stomach flared in pain, my head was pounding, my limbs felt sore, and I was beyond hungry.

It must have been a few weeks since I last ate, and I could feel my ribs jutting out, just another disgusting feature of my body.

Then I heard a jangling of keys to my right, I would say I was scared, but at this point I was used to it. Different location, same story. My pack was insistent on making my life completely miserable, if they ever saw me smiling, they had failed. The sad part is that I had accepted it as my reality instead of trying to change it.

"Phoenix." Ryan acknowledges me as he steps into the room, followed by a few other male pack members. 

I don't even spare him a glance, I was so fed up with my life. I then feel a cold hand grabbing my chin, forcing me to look up at him. I scowl, but there really wasn't anything I could do in this situation. Yelling at him would make it worse, not complying is the worse thing I could do.

"Look at those pretty eyes," he smiled. "I'm sorry, really, Phoenix. If it were up to me, you'd still be living in the pack house with all of your friends, but I'm no longer Alpha I don't have final say. But I believe you'll thoroughly enjoy your life here, you'll always have visitors willing to give you a fun time. Maybe one day you'll forget about the king and accept your new life." 

The thought of living out the rest of my life in this undisclosed location, made me want to throw up. The anxiety was returning and I feared the idea of having to deal with another panic attack on top of this bullshit.

"It's been a while since I've had the opportunity to hurt you Phoenix, I've been busy." My face paled at his comment. Of course I was expecting this, but I obviously was not happy about it.

The two men un-cuffed my hands and repositioned me so I was facing the wall and put the handcuffs back on. I didn't make it easy on them, as soon as my hands were free, I darted up in attempts of escape. An impulsive choice, that would probably end poorly for me as I was immediately stopped by their rough hands. 

Ryan just laughed,  he loved watching me struggle.

"Phoenix, when will you learn? No one is coming to help you. This is your life." With that, I heard his footsteps approach me, and seconds later the sound of a whip cracking against my back. A small screech escaped my mouth, but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction.

He continued his assault on my back, the sweatshirt I was wearing, now completely torn at this point. I tried to keep my composure, but this had been going on for so long, I had lost count of how many times he had hit me. 

A stream of tears flowed silently down my face, and a whimper forced itself out of me every time I was struck. I wanted desperately to be strong, but that ship had sailed ages ago.

Maddox POV

I had been searching these woods for hours, her scent had faded out ages ago, I was desperate. I didn't want to return to the pack house empty handed, but it was the middle of the night, I accepted that I'd have to regroup with my warriors and establish a plan to make any progress. 

Minutes later, I sulked back towards the pack house, someone had left clothes for me on the porch, I shifted back and dejectedly entered the house. Taylor glanced up, and approached me, a smug look resonating on his stupid face.

"No luck?" he feigned concern. Disregarding him, I walked past and entered the dining room where I smelled the warriors from the royal pack convened.

Upon walking into the room, they all looked up at me, worry evident in their face. This was the future queen who had been taken. My future luna in trouble, they already cared for her and they've never met her. 

I greatly appreciated their devotion to me and their new Queen, more than they'd ever know.

"Thank you all for rushing out here tonight," they all bow their heads slightly to accept their acknowledgment. 

 "As you know, on this trip I found my mate, Phoenix. I've had little interaction with her, as she seems rather shy. I made a mistake, she walked into the room to see another she wolf all over me, and she ran out into the woods, where she was attacked by rogues and severely injured. While in the medical wing I was not allowed to see her, and advised to return home to retrieve some things to be able to stay here longer. When I returned she was gone."

They quietly exchange saddened looks, a few gasp, finally hearing the whole story. 

With that, it was time to start planning how to get her back. It would be difficult since we hadn't mated yet, I would be unable to mind link her or feel a strong pull from far away, but I would die trying.