The One With John and Jessica's Big Night

Karenina's POV

Me and John walked down to the dungeon, where, what seemed to be thousands of people, were cowering in only six cells. We let each person out, apologising. Once everyone was back into the ballroom, I stood beside Jessica and Noah on the stage while John was beside Noah. There were guards surrounding the stage with weapons held ready. I began the speaking.

"We all sincerely apologise for the mishap that was completely unrelated to the palace, but was orderly taken care of. We thank you all so much for coming out tonight after the big wedding. If you are interested in our King and Queen meet and greet, please step into an orderly line beside the snack table that will be strictly watched by guards." People were immediately rushing in that direction while all of us on stage stepped behind the curtains and went to sit down at the table. There were only two chairs. I whispered to Noah.

"Chairs?"

"Dammit, there must have been a delay in my request. I requested that they add two chairs, but it was originally just me and you." I sighed, shaking my head. It is too late to get more chairs now.

"I guess we will improvise." I whispered, taking Jessica's hand and walking back to the Queen's seat and helping her into my lap. I motioned the other two over. Noah sat in John's lap and a guard brought the first person in. It was a polite little old lady who furrowed her eyebrows.

"Well, your highnesses, I have been to four Royal Balls in my time and this is the first where there was two to a seat." We smiled politely, forcing a kind laugh. A guard helped the woman back off the stage once she'd asked her questions and we'd given her answers. Next was a young girl, looking about eight, who smiled brightly with a gap between her teeth.

"You are so beautiful." She spoke to Jessica who squeezed my hand. I returned the gesture to assure her everything is alright. She bent down, carefully, and hugged the small girl.

"Why thank you. I love your hair, it looks sooo soft." The girl smiled huge while her mom talked to Noah about new laws or something.

"Your majesty," he turned to me, "Questions have come up about your seating arrangements. It would be preferred if the two, um, guests weren't here." I shook my head.

"They stay. Tell anyone who asks question that everything will be cleared up shortly. Or if you would like, you can bring two more seats in here, but I am quite certain it will be much trouble to move two more of the thrones back here." He pursed his lips.

"But my Queen we are only supposed to be having a meet and greet with you and your husband."

"Looks like they get four for the price of two then. Scatter now."

Once that was over and we shut down the press meeting we made out appearances and then all met by the snack table.

"So...?" John said looking at me and Noah.

"What?" I asked.

"Well, shall we tell them or do we need to buy more time?"

"I'd like to tell them at the end of the night." Noah said.

"Yeah, me too." I said crossing my arms.

"Alright, then Jessica and I will be going upstairs momentarily.

"Now?" Noah asked.

John kissed him, "Yes, baby it'll be okay."

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" I asked Jessica.

"It's gonna be okay," she squeezed my hands, "I'll only think about you, I promise."

I laughed and she let out a cute little giggle, "I love you." I said hugging her and placing a kiss to her forehead.

"I'll be back shortly." She said following John upstairs.

I looked at Noah and he looked at me, tears began to roll down his cheeks and I ran over to him and hugged him tight.

"I'm gonna have a baby." He said crying harder.

"No, we're gonna have a baby as a group." I said.

"I'm so happy and so scared at the same time."

"I know, me too."

"This is huge, what if she has a miscarriage?"

"Well, let's not think about that right now."

"What gender do you think it'll be?"

"I hope it's a boy."

"Really? Me too, but I bet it'll be a girl with my luck."

We laughed a little and then looked at each other for a long moment, "I wish you guys the best of luck."

"Don't you think it's too early?"

"What do you mean?"

"I turn sixteen in two weeks and I'm already having a baby."

"That's quite remarkable, but I don't think it's too early, I mean Jessica is fifteen and she's going to actually be having a baby."

He sighed, "What if John and I don't last, what if we divorce."

I scooted over to him and grabbed his shoulders to face him towards me.

"Then you take that baby and you run, you run as fast as you can and don't even look back. Forget about everything, and don't ever stop running you'll find someone else and you'll make more friends, but you can't stop running from him."

"You're scaring me. I'm scared now, Karenina."

"You should be."