Hate is a Strong Word*

Not even the loudest of music could lighten my mood, and believe me, I really tried. 

The ship was auto-piloting it's way back to Hollow Bastion so the team took the opportunity to show Blair around and explain some things about the key blade and the heartless.

Yeah, "Team". Minus me. Because, honestly... what did I know? What good was I? I couldn't help her with fighting, I barely knew enough about the heartless and organization thirteen, and it's not like she had any interest in talking to me anyways. Sora seemed to be attached to her. I mean, I know they're old friends, and he probably missed her but...

"What am I thinking?" I clench my bed sheets. I couldn't possibly jealous. That was not only utterly selfish but just not right. I'm not supposed to get attached to him-- because some day, there will be a time where we both go home. Separate worlds, separate lives. The last thing I needed was another heart ache.

"Rea?" I look up and see Sora standing in the doorway. I pull my headphones out and try my best to fake a smile. He takes a seat on my bed "Look.. I know this is really sudden, and sharing your room is probably not something you're excited for but..." He sighs "I'd really like it if you and Blair became friends.." My mouth twitches and I stare at my carpet.

"I don't have a problem with her."

"Then why haven't you said more that two words to her?" Damn. You got me there.

"Just not feeling to hot," I whisper "Must've been the fancy tuna." He gives me a sad smile and I return it "I'll try harder to be her friend. Sorry it's come off that way." To be honest, I didn't really have a problem with her at all. She's probably really nice, and she seems like she really cares about her friends.

I just was really looking forward to dancing with Sora. Because, somehow, there is a part of me that doesn't want to face the music. There's a part of me that no matter how many times I tell myself no, still wants him to notice me. There was a part of me that thought Sora was sweet, and charming... and handsome. This part of me is letting my emotions take control, and I cant let that happen. I just cant like him. It's for my own good.

"Thank you, Rea." Sora whispers. I feel him wrap his arms around me and my heart drops, he doesn't exactly make this easy for me. I couldn't believe myself anyways. Even if I did like Sora, even if I admitted it out loud-- there was just no way he could feel the same.

A prince will only turn away someone with a meager appearance.

"It'll be a while before we get to Hollow Bastion, You should get to know Blair better, it might make sharing your bed easier" I roll my eyes.

"I dunno Sora, we slept together after the first date, I might be able to do it again with less small talk." 

Sora chuckles and nudges me playfully before standing. He gives me one last smile before walking out the door.

"N-No! Please don't she hates m-" Blair is pushed in front of the door and stares wide eyed at me. I take a deep breath.

"Hey." I give her a nod.

"Hi..." She leans on the door frame. I sit awkwardly for a moment before plugging my ipod into it's dock. Ocean Avenue plays through out my room. Blair gives a small smile. "You like Yellowcard?"

"A few songs anyways," I quietly hum as I place my headphones on the nightstand. I pat a spot next to me on the bed and Blair joins me, a bit surprised by the gesture. I bite my lip "Hey, I'm sorry if I made it seem like I don't like you." I scratch my neck "You kinda just came at a bad time."

"Oh," She blinks "It's just... You kind of looked at me funny, so I was a little worried." I sigh and fall back on my bed.

"I was just a bit upset. It's nothing personal, honest." Blair nods and looks to the dress hanging on the back of the door the leads to Sora's room.