Chapter 2: Take It All

"Maybe you got too used to well, having me around, still how can you walk away from all my tears? It's gonna be an empty road without me right here" - Adele (Take It All)

I sat on my bed, snapping the rubber band on my wrist over and over again with my eyes closed and my face peaceful. But right now I feel nothing but, I feel like I am having an internal battle with myself. Luke isn't here yet and Lissa went out with some boy she just met and I feel like I'm going crazy! Why the hell is he coming back!? Well the answer is pretty obvious, his family is basically here. 

I sit up and open my eyes and run a small hand through my black hair and look around the room. A huge poster of Amy Winehouse and Lights are on my side of the wall and everything else feels so empty. Espicially me. Yeah, yeah cliche but that's how I feel. Like a box of chocolates without the chocolate. 

I still remember everything! The curly wild hair, the green eyes, the laugh and of course the way he would be so perverted sometimes. The way he would climb through my window at night and we would just sit there talking, about my problems and then he would sing to me. Sing some Amy, some Billy Joel and when we were feeling silly some Justin Bieber. He loved Coldplay, couldn't get enough of "Fix You."  

He smelled of cinnamon and well of him. The smell of Harry, it was perfect. You could basically just fall in love with him just by smelling him. He always had the big hands that basically took over mine and I loved it. He would kiss me on the forehead but we never went further. Ever. 

I love him of course and he's said he loved me but how does he love me? Like a friend who has abandoment issues and who hurts herself or did he see me deeper? 

Well I didn't have time to think of that because just then someone knocked on my dorm door. 

"Clo, it's Luke!" My boyfriend's voice came from the other side of the door. I walked over to it and opened the door and stared into the bright blue eyes of my boyfriend. He leaned down and gives me a peck on the lips then steps inside. 

"So ready for our date?" He asks me looking around the room. I shrug, 

"I guess." He turns his whole body around and looks at me, 

"You okay?" He asks and I want to say no. I want to tell him everything but this is Luke who doesn't know about my problems, he isn't Harry. Knowing Luke he would run for the nearest hill and never, ever come back. 

"Fine." I finally say and he grins then steps closer pressing a small kiss to my forehead. I flinch. You think you would get used to this a year into a relationship. 

"Well lets go." He says smiling and he grabs my hand and we're stepping out of the dorm. Passing all the other kids and everytime I see one I think, what lives did they lead? Were they left by someone they love and then I remember: 

"I have to do this. The tour is going to be with Big Time Rush, they're so major Clover and I don't know if we can still do this whole friendship thing." He says and I wipe my tears quickly. He's packing, putting everything in, taking every inch of me. 

"Yes we can! We can make this work! We can always make this work!" I'm basically screaming now and my tears are salty and my throat feels like it's going to close in. He stops packing and turns to me, 

"I can't." He whispers and I shake my head, 

"No! You just don't want too! You're a liar, Harry and I hate you! I hate everything you are right now! You promised me that you would never leave me after I told you!" I cried and I am gripping his hand. Hoping to hold on to every inch of me he has. He shakes his head but doesn't pull away, 

"I'm so sorry Clover, so so sorry." And then he's kissing my cheek and I'm flinching. Then I'm running out of the hotel room, pass his stupid band mates who were outside of the door and then I'm leaving Harry Styles forever. 

The boy I met when I was eight and everything else is gone. My tears make everything look blurry and I can't stop the choked sobs that are coming out of my throat and then I break down right in the lobby in front of everyone. 

"We're here!" Snaps me out of my cloudy thoughts. I look up to see Luke smiling at me and we are parked right in front of the mall and I smile slightly, 

"Nice. Nothing like a date at the mall a week before school starts." I say and he laughs, 

"Duh!" We both step out of his car and he walks over to me and he slips his hand in mine and I smile. At least I have someone, even if he doesn't know he's here and that's all I need. Someone to be here. 

We walk into the gigantic mall and of course there are people everywhere! I turn to him,

"Can we go to Starbucks first?" I ask him and he nods,

"Of course." He replies. We silently walk to the Starbucks and I am lost in my thoughts when Luke orders for me.

"Hey I'm gonna go to the bathroom for a sec okay? Wait for me?" He asks and I smile then nod,

"Cool." I watch the pretty blonde girl behind the counter making the chai latte and I feel this itching sensation on my wrist. It's uncomfortable but I do nothing. Then I hear it my name,

"Clover." And I don't even have to turn around to know who he is and when I do turn around and see him green eyes, brown hair and all, all I can do is run. 

Author's Note: What do you guys think? The song for this chapter is Take It All by Adele :)