It's Been a While...

Aaron's p.o.v

Aphmau was taking us on a walk with her for some reason.  Apparently, she saw O'Khasis guards in the area and she wanted to investigate.  They seemed to be searching for someone...could it be Aphmau?  We had all been declared dead so I doubt they would search for someone they thought was dead...who could they be looking for then?

Ariana's p.o.v

We were camping out in a forest near the village of Phoenix Drop, it was Alyssa's birthday today, birthdays were never very spectacular in our group, we were always too busy on the run to throw a huge party.  At least we had presents for her, but our lives could've been so much better if Falcon Claw hadn't been destroyed!  I watched as Alyssa sat by the stream, clutching the sword I had given her for her 10th birthday.  Before then, she was using a plain amethyst sword, the one I used before I had gotten the 2 enchanted swords.

  Before then, she was using a plain amethyst sword, the one I used before I had gotten the 2 enchanted swords

Her sword glowed in her hands, which meant that the sword was created for her.  She was becoming of age today and I wanted to give her something special, I had inherited all of my family's heirlooms.  My favorite one, was a necklace with a golden falcon...I decided that it was time for me to finally pass it down to my only daughter.  I went up behind her and placed the necklace around her neck.

  I went up behind her and placed the necklace around her neck

"Mom? What's this?" she asked.

"Remember the story I told you about Falcon Claw?" I asked.

"Of course I do"

"Well, as you know, my father was the lord of the village, when he and my mother died, he left the position of lord to my older brother, and he left all of the family heirlooms to me"

"This necklace has been passed down for generations and I felt like it was time for me to pass it down to you, that way I could tell you how much it means to me" I said tearing up a bit

"Mom? Are you sure you want me to take this? Like you said, it means a lot to you" Alyssa said concerned.

"Yes, I want you to have it.  Wait...did you hear that? The others never get up this early so who could that be?" I asked, taking my sword out of its holster.