My mind

"You can only push someone away for so long, before they realize they're better without you."- unknown

There are four days left until Leath becomes supreme ruler, and it's taking up my every thought. All I keep seeing is scary eyes and hearing him yelling for forgiveness.

I feel I should go and accept his apology, but I'm not one to let a grudge go.

I've been trying to occupy myself with that book I told my teacher I was going to write. Apparently he wants a draft.

Now I have to go to the city's archive to get information. Wooohooo.

I have decided that I want to write about our first supreme ruler for my nonfiction, so I really have to research that one.

Her name was Margret Humphrey! What kind of name is that?

After I go and possess the information I need, I go back to my dinky apartment and read it.

I flip the pages of the book: A-Z Supreme rulers.

I find a picture of Margret and stare. I feel shocked and very curious.

In the picture Margret is Albino.

I look at her eyes and notice something also peculiar, she has the same piercing blue eyes as Twith. It must be a coincidence, but as I said earlier, I don't believe in coincidences. The human race is much too lazy.

I flip to the next ruler and it's a man. He is tall with blonde hair and pale skin. He has Leath's eyes.

I start to doubt myself.

He's not Albino, so there is no connection. I start running different equations in my head. Maybe it's the eyes! Then a more realistic idea popped. They are all genetically related.

I know it makes know sense, since they make or clone the children here. I know somehow I'm right.

I turn and open a random page and the supreme ruler is Amotlock or 3867. He is albino with honey eyes.

He looked like a clone of Leath.

I dash down to the information center.

I sit in the waiting chair for several dragging minutes.

My plan is to go to Leath's house and tell him what I think. It's not a stupid plan, but it's not my best.

I am brought to the front information desk. I inwardly sigh as I look at the long line.

After 39 minutes of waiting I start to pound on the front desk.

"Come on!" I say gritting my teeth with urgency.

I get a couple of annoyed looks from the people in the line, but they still mind their own business.

Finally it's my turn.

"What can I-" Says the lady at the front desk. He brown curly hair matching her African American skin tone.

"Where does Leath live." I say in urgency cutting her off.

She looks at me funny (probably because our society is about patience and kindness, and I am doing the opposite).

"Building 3, number 99."

I mumble a thanks at run off to his house.

When I get to Leath's apartment door I get slightly nervous before knocking.

I hope Leath is kind and apologetic because I don't want to yell.

I crunch my knuckles together in midair ready to knock, when I hear talking.

I knit my eyebrows together and press my ear to the door.

"She was yelling and screaming at me!" A man I am certain is Leath says with laughter.

I automatically know what he is talking about.

"Poor you, I bet she is a lot of energy."

I could recognize that voice anywhere. Twith.

I instantly let my anger build. I run out of the building in blinding speed.

After we just had a fight about Twith, he runs to her! Maybe he loves her, and not me. Wait. Why would I care if Leath loves me?

Is it possible to love someone you've only met a month ago?

I brush the thought away.

I feel the freezing wind bite my face, and I shiver, thinking cold thoughts.

I will make Leath believe that there is something abhorrent going on with Twith.

Before something seriously wrong happens to him.
----------
Join my Facebook group! It's called: Kirsten Egbert's books