Child like wonder

Summary: when the sides find out that Virgil and deceit not only believed in Santa but they also believe they were permanently on the naughty list so the sides decided to make sure this was the best Christmas they ever had

ships: Platonic LAMP+D

warnings: none that i know of message if i missed some

word count:3,834

It was Christmas eve and Patton was beside himself with excitement and joy , there he was in the kitchen baking holiday cookies and chocolate chip cookies with both Virgil and Deceit sitting in the kitchen 'helping' him mixing the ingredients together and fast testing to make sure the dough was prefect. While Logan and Roman were in the living room watching a Christmas movie . It would be the first Christmas that they all were together ."What do you think kiddo's does it pass the fast test?" He asked carefully taking out a batch of cookies out of the oven and placing it on the cooling rack .

Virgil was sat at the table Deceit across from him , they looked up from the bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough both had spoons mid way to their mouth that had cookie dough on it . Virgil sat up straight giving Patton a small smile nodding "yeah dad it's perfect."

Deceit shook his head sticking the spoon in his mouth "this is terrible, I think we have enough cookies " he replied looking towards Patton as well .

He grinned at the both of them genitally taking the bowl so he could make more cookies . He turned towards the oven humming softly "you know boys by the time we're done I bet we will have enough to eat a couple each and have enough to leave out for Santa tonight. "He joked scooping out the dough and pouting them on the tray to put into the oven.

The kitchen got oddly quiet after Patton's comment . He looked over his shoulder at the other sides frowning , he saw Virgil and Deceit giving each other worried looks. "Do you really think he will come tonight? i mean he has so many houses to go to in the world will he really come here" Virgil asked quietly so Roman and Logan couldn't hear him but Patton could hear the hope in his voice.

He ground softly going over to them "What do you mean kiddo? Of course he will what's got you asking about that?" he asked softly . He sat next to Virgil putting a hand on his shoulder not thinking they believed in Santa .

Virgil looked towards Deceit then back to Patton "Well normally on Christmas we don't get any gifts unless it's something we got each other ."he said softly.

"We are so not on the naughty list permanently." Deceit said making himself and Virgil look down at the table with a sad look.

Patton was shocked he didn't realize how bad they treated them it was worse then he imagined , he hid his shocked feels with a small smile " well I don't think that's true kiddo, I bet this year is going to be different "he said getting both of their attention . "Now what's the number one rule about Christmas eve?"

"Don't got to bed early?" Deceit asked tilting his head to the side watching Patton closely wondering if he was right or wrong.

"Set out milk and cookies ?" Virgil asked copying deceit's actions.

He smiled nodding "both of those answer's are correct! Now how about you two go ahead and get ready for bed and I'm going to finish up these cookies so we can set them out for Santa how does that sound ?" He asked them not dropping his smile .

The look Virgil and Deceit gave him made his heart hum with with both joy and guilt. They both had the look of excitement and hope . They both had a small smile while nodding . They both got up and began to go towards their rooms excitedly .