Chapter 2: Saving Him

I passed out right next to Vrock. My vision went black; it felt like I was half in one world and half in another. I felt my body lying on the cold concrete floor, but I was watching something else.

 My vision started coming back, but not back to the locker room. I was in a dark hallway with a very bright light on the other end. My legs suddenly start moving forwards. “No, no, no!” I said in my head. For some reason I had no control over any part of my body.

 Once I got to the light, I looked right in the middle of it. It was showing something like a slide show. It was showing all the happiest moments of my life from when I was born till right when I passed out.

 I reached for the light, I wanted to grab it, and keep the light with me forever. Suddenly I felt something grabbing the back of my shirt. It was dragging me back of the hallway.

  I slipped from the demon or person dragging me. I heard one of my wrist crack and break. I felt a sting of pain go all the way up my arm. The last thing I saw in the light was Vrock’s face.

 *************************************************************************************

I once again was in the dark. I could tell that if I opened my eyes, I would be back in the world again. My head felt as heavy as a bowling bowl. I checked my wrist, it perfectly fine. The pain felt so real though, I don’t know what it was though.

 After I think about an hour of lying there, I found enough energy to sit up. I think it would take at least a few more hours till I would be able to stand up.

 I looked around the room; everyone is passed out and not dead. I looked at everyone’s face, all of them were the normal color or close to it, but Vrock’s was turning into a ghostly white.

 I scooted my body, with all the strength I had, so I was sitting right in front of Vrock’s face. I checked for his pulse first, it was at a slow rate. I knew that he didn’t have much longer to live.

 I tried to shake him awake, but it didn’t work, it just made me more tired. I tried to rest before I would attempt anything else.

 I heard him start chocking for air. I snapped into a kneeling position next to him. In my head I was going through all the things I could do that would save him. I wished I paid more attention at all my health and emergency classes that I took.

 The one thing I did remember is CPR since we had to do it on this dummy which was super gross. The teacher didn’t even clean it after someone did it.

 I tilted his head back and I pinched his nose shut. I opened his mouth. I leaned towards him, holding his face in my hands. I blew into his mouth; I was watching his chest rise then fall. I won’t say that I didn’t like it, but I had to save him so I didn’t think about it that much.

 After I was done and whispered out loud to myself,” 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi…” Till I got to five, I blew into his mouth again, and then I checked his pulse again. His heart rate was starting to rise.

 After about five more times doing the procedure, he started chocking on air again. But this time his eyes opened looking straight into mine. Since I was already leaning on him, I gave him a tight hug. (Which was probably not such a good idea to do that at this time.)

 I whispered into his ear,” Thank god, that you are OK.”

 I let him go from my arms. I sat straight up. He tried to sit up too, but I put my hand on his chest. “No, lay back down. You need to rest before you try sitting up again.”

 He nodded and slowly lied back down on the concrete floor. He told me,” Go make sure that everyone else is OK.”

 I got up which is pretty amazing since I was so exhausted. I went to check on everyone else. Everyone was fine; they were either sleeping or passed out because of the gases that came into the room earlier.

  Then I heard Vrock laugh to himself. I asked him,” What are you laughing at?”

 “I was just thinking that since you saved my life, that now I owe you something.”

 "You don’t have to do anything for me.” I told him.

 “Yes I do. Also thank you for saving me since I haven’t told you yet.” He smiled at me. “But right now you need some rest.” He patted at the floor next to him.

 I walked to him and lay down next to him. He put his arms around me. I put one of my arms around his waist. We both fell asleep in each other arms. I wish I could freeze this moment and I could stay like this forever.

 I dreamed that I was in the most beautiful place in the world. Vrock was also with me. We were walking on a brick path in the middle of a meadow. We laid in the flowers in the meadow. Vrock said something I couldn’t quite understand, but it must have been sweet.

 He leaned closer to my lips. Vrock took my face in his hands and looked into my eyes. I closed my eyes.

 When our lips almost met each other, I was startled awake by Penny shaking me. She was yelling at me, Scarlett, wake up! Everyone is gone! Nobody is left in the building except everyone in this room.”

 I looked around the room. Everyone is finally up. The sunlight was shining through the windows. I said out loud, “Oh shit.”

*************************************************************************************************************

Please COMMENT AND VOTE. Please tell me if Im doing good or bad. Once this chapter gets to 30-50 reads I will post a new chapter. XOXO :)