The Ending, Part 1

-

Scarlet

-

Months passed like days after we came home from New Beijing. Wolf and I had to figure out life with a baby for real, in our own home, and it wasn't easy, Michelle was not a fan of sleeping in a different room than us. But after about a month she got used to it and went back to being a baby that loved to sleep. After that was when I hated sleeping in a different room from her, I'd wake up with terrible dreams about what happened on Luna and end up sleeping on the floor of her room, Wolf helped me with and we got a video Monitor that showed us her room and every time I woke up, I just look at that and see she was fine. 

Life started to go back to a new normal. As spring came, Wolf spent more time in the garden, and the barn, I didn't love it but I knew this was what life was gonna be like during the farming seasons. Most days, Michelle and I would go out, sit under and tree and watch him work, Michelle either took a nap there or played with her toys. On days she napped, I tried to help Wolf but he didn't like leaving her alone.

I woke up to the feeling of Wolf kissing my forehead then he laid down next to me. I laid still for a second, letting the feeling of the sun pouring into our room and him lying next to me sink, it was always perfect. Every morning felt like a dream, too good to be true. Then I heard a little voice saying something close to "daddy".

I opened my eyes to see Michelle sitting on Wolf's stomach as he was lying next to me. "Goodmorning baby girl," I said and smiled at her. 

She didn't look at me, she was too busy smiling at Wolf and saying "Daddy".

"Good morning," Wolf said and smiled at me.

I leaned over and kissed Wolf then laid my head next to his, looking up at Michelle. "He's mine, you can't have him," I told her. 

She threw herself forward and kissed Wolf's chin. She knew that she had her daddy wrapped around her finger. 

"Fine, you can have him," I said as I sat up. "I'm going to go take a shower," I said and kissed the top of her head. 

Wolf laughed and sat up next to me, moving Michelle to his legs. "You know I'm yours." He said and kissed me again.

Michelle looked up to see her parents kiss and screamed, "Daddy." 

"Someone seems a little jealous." Wolf and picked her up, holding her in between him and me.

"He was mine first sweetie," I said to her. 

She always was a Daddy's girl, and I couldn't blame her. 

"I'm going to go take a shower," I said again to Wolf.

"Okay, I'll start breakfast." He said. 

I got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom. I closed to door and thought about the day I found out I was pregnant with Michelle, it was around a year ago. It had been a crazy year. With that thought, I got into the shower and realized my period was a couple of days, which wasn't normal. I ignored it and finished showering then went downstairs to eat. 

"What's for breakfast," I asked as I walked into the kitchen. 

Michelle was sitting in her highchair next to the table with a baby book on the tray. She was babbling as she read it then looked up when I walked in. She smiled at her me and then turned back to her book. 

"Pancakes," Wolf said, holding up the spatula and smiling.

I walked over to her and looked down at the book. "Where did you find this?" I asked as I kissed my daughter's head.