I don't care what they say

By: MickeysTonic

Summary:

Please do a Gallavich 50s au where Mickey's a Greaser and Ian's a nerd. Ian and Mickey have been seeing each other and they are practically boyfriends, but Ian wants it to be official. When Ian visits Mickey's shop or they hang out together he hints at making it official, but Mickey remains obvious. To him they already going steady. Ian gets frustrated, they get into an argument and they both don't talk for a few days. They makeup though because they are miserable and crazy about each other.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Ian watched Mickey as he ran a comb through his hair for what seemed like the millionth time. He wanted to make out with Mickey a bit and then go out and do something but the older man was so into his hair at the moment. But Ian adored him anyway. He'd rather sit there and watch Mickey than go out into the world if he was being honest. Nothing in the world was as pretty as Mickey was. What made it better for Ian was how completely opposite they were. Mickey lived on the other side of the tracks at the bad part of town and Ian lived on the upper  side of town. They both came from different worlds but somehow they came together and fell in love.

But Ian wanted more from Mickey. He wanted them to have the title of "boyfriends." He wanted to go out in public and hold Mickeys' hand knowing that the other boy was his. He had been thinking about this for a while but had always been afraid of letting Mickey know. Mickey had no problem showing affection for Ian but was never one for titles.

Ian ran a hand through his hair and smiled as Mickey turned to look at him with a grin. He shoved his comb in his pocket before standing up and walking over towards Ian. He leaned over the counter where Ian had been standing watching and spoke, "What do you want to do today?" 

His voice had a bit of an accent to it and Ian fucking loved it.

"We could go to a movie or we could just stay here." Ian whispered, eyes traveling to the top of Mickeys' shirt. The top few buttons were undone and he could see down it. He licked his lips at the sight of Mickeys' exposed skin.

"Eyes are up here." Mickey teased.

Ian glanced up at him and smiled, "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Sure." Mickey replied,, licking his palm and then running it through his hair.

Ian watched for a few minutes as Mickey began fumbling with his jacket. He fixed the collar so it was positioned the right way before running his hands over his shirt. He stood out there in the middle of Ians' bright and big kitchen but Ian loved having him there. It was a nice way to forget how their groups outside were often thought of as enemies.

"Whats' up, Gallagher?"

Ian swallowed before opening his mouth. He didn't want to fuck this up. Outside of this house, this town, the world was still fighting against gays. They thought of them as disgusting, an abomination. But neither Mickey or Ian cared. They loved each other and they wouldn't let anyone tell them that their love was wrong.

"Have you uh-given us a thought?"

Mickey cocked an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

Ian nervously ran a hand up and down his arm before pushing his glasses up further, "About us uh-you know...."

"As cute as you are when you get nervous, Gallagher, you need to tell me what's on your mind." 

"I want us to-uh-" Ian began licking his lips, "I want us to be out."

"We are out, Ian. The entire town seems to hate us."

"No, Mickey. I mean, I want us to be boyfriends."