May 1, 1969 - The Awakening

Two figures are looming over me.

"He's awake," says a stern voice.

"Am I in heaven?" I ask, drowsily.

"Professor?" asks a worried voice.

Everything comes clear again. Dr. Wayne and Chief Officer Golem help me up.

"Sir, It's good to see you're awake. I could've sworn you flew twenty feet!" shouts Wayne.

"What happened? Did they?" I ask.

"Sir," says Officer Golem. "The backup security team was able to catch four of the snaketile terrorists, including the one wrapped around me. They were able to vent the hydrogen gas into the atmosphere, before it could completely destroy the facility, though the snaketonium production annex is beyond repair."

"Is Dr. Potato alright?" I ask.

"I'm over here sir!" calls Dr. Potato from the bed parallel to mine.

I look at the time. Apparently I was out for two hours.

"Officer, I'd like a full causality and damage report on my desk by this afternoon. How are our "guests" doing?" I ask.

"The four rouge snaketiles have been treated and have been moved to secure dorms. We will interrogate them as soon as you are feeling better." says Dr. Wayne.

I get out of the bed, and begin walking out the door. Dr. Potato and Officer Golem follow me.

"So, how's Wilma doing?" I ask Wayne.

"Wilma," replies Dr. Wayne. "Engineer Barkley's sister is in the Mutation Therapy Room with our Mutation Councilor."

My heart sinks. I should've expected that to happen from all the Snaketonium.

"Officer, Doctor, You go interrogate those snaketiles. I need visit with Wilma," I panic. "I'll see you in the conference room later."

I run off through the winding hallways, through subsection after subsection, until I finally reach the entrance room for the Therapy wing.

It's actually right behind Wayne's office, but there happens to be a Snaketonium pipe in the wall, so I can't simply build a door.

In the cinder block room, with a concrete floor, An attendant is sitting at her desk and typing away. Huge yellow letters read: "Mutation Therapy Wing - Entrance Alpha"

"Sir," says the attendant. "You haven't been back here in a while."

"I know right? I'm here to see Wilma Barkley, Serial Number 35452-909, Occupation: Teacher." I reply to her.

"She is on the list. Turn left when you reach Section 34, you'll find her in Subsection 29. Her human students are bring treated across the hall in Subsection 30."

"Thank you Miss," I say. I begin walking down the hallway. I walk past a room labeled:

"Radiation Therapy". In the room is a desert environment with several large snaketiles basking in the artificial sunlight.

In the room marked "Art Therapy", a woman is teaching a snaketile how to paint.

I accidentally walk into "Physical Therapy", where a dark red snaketile is getting a back massage from a Junior Therapy Associate.

"Have't you heard of privacccy, Professssor!?" spits the snaketile.

"Sorry," I laugh, as the snaketile growls. I get back to walking.

In "Speech Therapy", a teacher is trying to fix a snaketile's lisp. It's not going so well, and the snaketile is saying "Ssssss" instead of "S"

I finally reach the Mutation Therapy Annex. I round a corner and knock on the door leading into room 29.