Chapter 2

Samia's POV

I felt my eyes flutter open. It was finally my day off, I could now do what ever I pleased. It was pure bliss!

I turned around in my bed only to be greeted with the bright sunshine seeping through the curtains. It took me a minute to adjust to the light settings. Looking around my now empty room it came to my attention that my husband, Sulayman, was nowhere to be seen.

I quietly tumbled out of my bed, the coolness of the floor sent a  painful yet pleasing shock through my body waking me up. I slipped my dressing gown over my body and padded my way into the kitchen were my husband was. He stood leaning by the stove frying something in a pan.

Since he still hadn't heard me I decided to scare him. But alas the house phone began to ring at the very last moment . I let out a deep breath as I turned around so I could answer it . Sulayman turned to face me giving me a wary look.

I dismissed his confused face as I sighed and picked up the phone.

"Salam who is it?" I asked in an annoyed tone to the unknown person on the other line.

"Oh Samia you've picked up! I need your help its an emergency"      It was my 23 year old baby brother Rayan.

"What do you want Ry, I just woke up" I said in a huff sending my husband a quick glare to show him i was already not in a good mood.

" The stove is on fire I MIGHT DIE!!!" He screeched over the line.

"OK first things first , where on earth is Mama" I questioned him in an authoritative voice.

" She's still sleeping and I can't wake her or up she'll be angry at me. Please tell me what to do or I'll die- oh wait scrap that, she's up!" My brother said in a rush.

I giggled to my self as I heard my mother screaming at him in the background and then the line went quiet. Huh the little minx cut me off .

"What was that about ?" Sulayman asked me.

I raised my hand as if to silence him. I opened my mouth to speak but I just got cut off yet again by the phone ringing. Sighing I picked up the phone again.

"What is it now?" I asked rudely expecting it to be Rayan again.

"UUUM Sam , its Steve from work . I have a huge favour to ask you?" I  looked at the phone confused. What did work want from me?

"Yes?" I said . My patience was starting to run low .

"We had a bunch of your colleagues volunteering to mentor Uni students for internships but one of them left now for a sick leave, we need a person to step in or that student wont get a chance of internship." He said in one breath.

"Why me?" I moaned.

"Well its because the student, well she's majoring in pharmacy and that's your job. Soo what do you say?"

"UUgh OK whatever I'll do it !"

" Thank you, you were my last resort!  You need to be at the university meeting by noon today! I'll email you the details BYE!!" And with that he cut off.

"What ?!?!" I screamed into the now silent phone.

"What's wrong ?"Sulayman asked , his voice laced with concern.

" I have to mentor some Uni kid today. I have to go to the university in an hour .So much for a day off"

"Its for the best . I mean think of all the  *ajr*  you would get from educating someone." he said with a smirk on his face

"I guess?" I questioned. I was already annoyed and didn't want to get even more ticked off so i diverted the attention elsewhere.

"soo what are you cooking?" 

***When a good deed or action is done, a Muslim gets 'ajr' for doing it. Ajr (or ajur) is also known as thawab, and it is like a 'plus' point. 'Plus' points are compared to 'negative' (ithim) points when someone is judged by God after the person dies. If a person has more thawab than ithim then they will enter heaven.*** - Source from Islamic-dictionary.com