Back from the Dead

Lauren's Pov

I woke up to a bright light hitting my face. I tried moving my body but I can't. I slowly opened my eyes and I realize I was in the hospital.

I tried to talk but my mouth and throat was dry. I moved my finger and pushed the red button on the remote laying beside me.

A few minutes later a nurse came running in checking my vitals and stuff.

"W-water" I tried to say the word and she nodded.

She gave me a glass of water with a straw and I drank it all.

"How long was I out?" I asked trying to sit up but I felt a sting in my left rib cage making me winced.

"Please don't try to sit up. You're still recovering from the accident..  The doctor will be here in a few minutes and I already called your parents that you're awake.. and you've been in a coma for a month now" She said and I frowned.

"A month?" I asked and she nodded.

Camila

"Can I uhh.. have some food? I'm starving" I said and she nodded.

"I'll be back with your food" The nurse said walking towards the door.

Once she was out of my room I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Camila..." I whispered.

Camila's Pov

I stayed in Lauren's hospital room for 2 weeks straight looking out for her and praying for her to wake up.

I miss her so much that I went to her room reminiscing our time together. And how she made me feel alive while I'm with her.

I layed on her bed and cried my heart out.

"Please wake up.." I whispered while sobbing.

"You said you'll be back...It's been a month Lo... come back to me baby.." I whispered

.......flashback....

"Lauren Jauregui?" The nurse called and Lauren's parents stood up and quickly walked closer to the nurse.

"How's our daughter?" Lauren's dad asked while her mom waited for an answer.

"She's okay now.. She broke her left rib due to the intense impact of the car.. Lucky that she was wearing her seatbelt.. she had a few cuts that we stitched up.. She lost a lot of blood which cause us to lose her for a couple of minutes but we did everthing to bring her back... don't worry she's in a private room now.. resting" The doctor said and we all sighed of relief.

"Can we see her?" Her mom asked and the doctor nodded.

We went inside her room and my heart broke to the sight of a lifeless pale Lauren laying on a hospital bed with tubes and other equipments attached to her.

"My baby.." Her mom whispered as she hold Lauren's hand.

I walked to the other side of the bed and leaned in to whisper.

"Stay strong baby... take your time. We'll be waiting for you okay? Please... come back to me" I whispered as a tear escaped my eye.

.....end of flashback....

I waited patiently for her, but the longer I waited the more I started getting worried about her.

"Come back baby..." I whimpered.

"Camila..."

I heard a familiar voice and and I snapped my eyes open and scanned the room.

"Lo?" I called but no one was there.

I jumped off the bed and decided to check if she's okay..

I was in her room admiring her. She was sleeping peacefully.

"Lo.." I whispered caressing my hand through her cheek.

"Cold" Lauren muttered and my eyes widen when I heard her voice

Maybe i'm hearing things..

"Lo? Y-you're awake?" I whispered and she nodded opening her eyes slowly.

"Oh my god baby..." I cried covering my face with my hands..

"Hey don't cry.. I'm fine" Lauren said smiling at me.

"You're gone for a month baby.. I was so worried.. I thought you didn't came back and took off" I cried and she looked at me confused.

"What are you talking about?" She asked and I smiled shaking my head.

"Nothing babe... I'm just glad you're back" I said and she smiled.

God I miss that smile.

"What took you so long?.. My parents were here this morning.. I waited for you but I fell asleep.. amd the food here sucks" Lauren said and I giggled.

"I was in your room.. I'm sorry for being late" I giggled and she nodded.

"Well.. better late than never." Lauren said and I smiled.

"I missed you so much Camz.." Lauren whispered

"I missed you too Lo"

....

Maybe I'll finish this story tonight..

All this medicines are hyping me up..

I can't fucking sleep..

And also... hospitals scares the shit out of me..