Chapter One.

Pain, agonising pain. That’s all I felt right now.  I couldn’t move, everything around me was a blur. I knew I was somewhere in nature, maybe in the woods. As I could feel mud and some fallen leaves against my fingers. I tried to open my eyes, but I felt so dizzy.

“Hey, Trey! What’s that over there?” I heard someone shouting from the distance.

“I think it’s a human, a girl to be precise. She seems hurt. Come on, Eric. Let’s take a closer look.”

 Suddenly I heard footsteps moving closer to me. I was terrified, trying to speak and stop them from hurting me again. I opened my mouth, but no voice came out. They we’re kneeling next to me. I think there were at least two of them, which makes me outnumbered. Not that I’m in any condition to fight.

“Hey. Can you hear me?” One of them asked. Gently touching my cheek to wake me up.

“Who did this to you?” The other guy asked.

“I think she’s unconscious. She’s been beaten up pretty badly.” No kidding.

“Eric, did you see the claw marks.” After that sentence, the air got so intense. I felt one of them pushing some hair away from my neck.

“Okay. That looks like…”

“Yeah, exactly.”

“Should we take her to the hospital?”

“No, you dumbass, what would we tell them. Hey, we were walking around in the forest and found an attacked girl, but we have nothing to do with it. They would definitely suspect us. Besides, we need to keep a low profile. I think our best option is to take her to Derek.” Who’s Derek? Their boss or something?

“Are you sure? I mean, I don’t want to upset him, he already has a lot on his shoulders, you know?”

It seemed like whomever this Derek guy was, they were afraid of him.

“Yeah, but she’s in our territory and we need to figure out, what she was doing here and why did they attack her and of course the most important question is - who attacked her?”

“Do you think she knows something? Knows about us?”

“I don’t think so, but it’s suspicious that she was wondering around in these woods.”

“You’re right. It doesn’t make any sense. Derek will know better, so he’ll decide, what to do.” So my faith was in the hands of someone called Derek. That was definitely great to know….Not. What if he decides to kill me? I mean I can’t even argue with him, cause I’m too weak to speak. Oh, that rhymed. Okay, back to the serious topic – my survival. How could this happen? Everything was just fine in the morning and now all this bullshit is happening.

“Okay. Let’s take her home.”

I felt someone carefully lifting me up and carrying me bridal style. I wanted to object, but all my strength was gone. Besides it seemed like they were not gonna hurt me, at least not yet.  We started moving, but the speed felt somehow higher than usual. Maybe it was just because of my state. I could barely stay awake. So in my mind I came up with a new plan. Get some sleep, gather my strength and come out alive from this huge mess.

In the meantime, while those two strangers were transporting me to, who knows where, I could probably tell you a bit about myself. I even forgot to tell you my name. Well, it’s Kiara. I am 21 years old and I would say I’ve had a pretty ordinary life.

I am lucky enough to come from a quite wealthy family as my father, Robert, runs several businesses, which I don’t know very much about. My mother, Eleanora, passed away 5 years ago and after that my father and I haven’t been that close. He started working more and being away from home and I went to university, but I still came home every other weekend, mostly to check on dad and my lovely doggies – Sassy and Bubbles.

After mum passed away, my dad hired a housekeeper, Maggie, who helps to keep our house tidy and sometimes cooks meals for us and, while I’m away she looks after my doggies as well. I feel like she’s my granny. We get along very well and, when I need any advice I go to her. Also, we love cooking together. It’s kind of like continuing the tradition I had with my mother. She used to teach me all kind of recipes and while we were cooking she told me about her life lessons.

And don’t forget my older brother, Caleb, who is 25 years old. He is in a band, so unfortunately we don’t see each other a lot, as he is touring the world right now. But we still keep in touch. He likes sending me short videos before going on stage or just exploring a new city. Of course, I’m sad that he is far away all the time, but at the same time I’m very happy for him, because he is doing exactly, what he loves. Being in a band has always been his dream, so I’m glad that now it’s a reality. Especially with all the obstacles in his way, such as dad wanted Caleb to start working for him, so in the future he could take over, but Caleb insisted on doing his music.

Mom’s death was hard for him as well. He kind of separated himself from others and closed off. Fortunately after one month he turned to music and started writing songs about how he feels and we started to get closer again which was great.

Okay, I just realised that I haven’t told you, what I look like. Well, I’m 5’3, so quite short, but I’m actually happy about that. I like being short. I’ve got long wavy hair, which I recently coloured so now it’s kind of ombre – dark brown from top and light, almost blond, from the bottom. I’ve got my father’s blue eyes. My dressing style is comfy, but also rather girly. I like wearing dresses and skirts and one item that I couldn’t live without are my black leather low ankle boots, just love them.

What else, I’ve got the greatest friends in the world, especially Emma, Nicole, Blaine and Scott. We always hang out together and they mean the world to me. Emma is actually studying the same thing as me, which is event organising, only I’m focusing on weddings and concerts, and she’s focusing on sports events. Nicole is studying photography and film art, so she’s the one to blame for all those crazy pictures of us. Just kidding, she’s actually really good. Blaine is into fashion, so he is studying to be a fashion designer. He always gives me good styling advice. Scott is playing American football, he got a scholarship into a really good program. He’s a very sporty kind of guy. Put us four together and you can’t even imagine, what crazy ideas we come up with.

Oh, did I mention, what time of year is it. I’m guessing no. Well, it’s July, so I’m fully enjoying my break from Uni, at least I’m supposed to. But as it seems everything doesn’t always work out as planned. Okay, I think it’s time to get back to reality and come up with the best escape plan ever. 

**********************************

Hey everyone!

So I haven't written anything in a while, but than this idea popped in my head and I scrabbled something down. Just take a look and tell me what you think. Hopefully you'll like it.

The first parts are always a bit confusing, but it's just the introduction to the story line. It hasn't been edited, so there might be some mistakes.

And I just had to add that song to the side, cause I love it. I know it doesn't really go with the story, but I couldn't resist myself :)

Enjoy ;)

xoxoxoxo