Chapter 12: the aftermath

Song: Wild

I leave his mouth and kiss down his neck. I get to the hem of his shirt. I rip his shirt off and take mine off in the process. I sloppily kiss down his neck, heading towards his chest.

"Troye..." Jacob starts to say, but I interrupt him.

"Fuck what anyone else thinks we're gay and that's okay. Now let's fuck." I say the last part while putting my hands down his pants.

Jacob gasps and pushes me away. "Troye, you're drunk."

"Yeah I am, and you're hot. So let's gooooo." I say pointing to his bedroom.

"Troye," Jacob says, taking my hand. He takes his other hand and strokes my temple with his thumb. "You don't want this. Not tonight. You're upset and drunk, a recipe for disaster."

I nod my head and look to my feet.

"It's late, let's get you to bed." He finishes his sentence off with a kiss on my forehead.

We go to his bedroom and he puts me in the bed.

"I'm going to sleep on the couch, wake me if you need anything okay?"

"Come here, Jake," I say pointing to the spot next to me on the bed.

"No, Troye. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Jake." I sigh as he closes the door.

I fell asleep right away, not waking up once.

I awoke to someone shaking me. "Let's go sleeping beauty, you have work today."

"No, I'll just call in sick," I say turning over in the warm bed.

"No Troye, you have to take responsibility for your actions. You decided to get drunk on a night before you have to work. Get your pretty butt out of bed and into the kitchen."

"You think I have a pretty butt?" I say cheekily.

"Oh shut up," Jacob says leaving the room.

I get dressed and think about what happened last night. I'm glad Jacob stopped me. I wouldn't want our first time to me being drunk.

I go into the kitchen and Jacob is making pancakes.

"Take that," Jacob says pointing to a pill with a glass of water next to it. I nod my head and do what he says. My head hurts a lot, but it's bearable.

I sit on the chair and wait for him to finish making breakfast. He makes out plates and sits down.

"Thank's Jakey. For everything."

"No problem Tro." He says, grabbing my hand. We hold hands the whole time we eat. We make small talk but nothing more than that.

We finish eating and head out the door.

"Did you drive here? Did you drive here drunk?" Jacob asked, very concerned.

"Of course not. I took an Uber." I say. He sighs in relief.

"I'll drive you. I have to go across the mall and pick up some stuff anyway."

"Thank you," I say getting into the car.

We listen to music the whole time and speak to each other rarely.

We get in front of the shop and we say our goodbyes.

My shift was slow and painful. I forgot I had signed up for a double one.

I got a ride home from a co-worker. I think she likes me. No one I work with knows I'm gay, but I wouldn't mind coming out to them with Jacob by my side.

I walk up the steps and the door slams open.

"TROYE SIVAN MELLET WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN."