t w o {edited}

I slouched on my bed later that night, swinging my legs off the side. Boredom had brought me to a new low. I stared at my phone, pathetically reading through my messages with the hot one from laser tag. Every now and then, I had to smile.

"Alexa!" I heard my mom call. My whole posture straightened. Mom's home! I pumped my fist in the air. Most of the time, my mom got home from work when I was already in bed.

I tore down the steps and wrapped my arms around her waist. "Hi, mom!" I know, my clinginess was childish, but I never got to see her. My mom worked at the emergency room as a nurse all day, and wasn't home until eleven or twelve, usually. For some reason, though, she was home hours early.

"Hey, babe," my mom said, ruffling my hair as I embraced her. "Listen, I'll be back in five. I'm going to pick up a pizza from Joey's for dinner."

I guided her to the couch, gently pushing her onto a cushion. "No, no, no, you just got home. Let me go. Chill for a while."

Mom rolled her eyes, dropping the car keys and a twenty dollar bill in my hand. "Thank you, Alexa. And I want to hear all about the first day when you get home." She wasn't talking about academics. Mom was as entertained by soap-opera worthy high school drama as any teenager.

I got into the car and drove to the pizza parlor with the a wide grin on my face. Today had been excellent. Mom was home, Reed flirted with me, and I'd seen all my friends. I couldn't think of anything that could ruin it.

The pizza parlor was especially busy today, being one of the more popular restaurants in town. I rocked on the heels of my white Converse as I waited in line to pick up the pizza my mom had already ordered (Joey's didn't do delivery). A waiter, seemingly overwhelmed by dinner rush by himself, raced around trying to take care of everyone.

the hot one from laser tag: lil lexiiiiiiiiiiiii

I chuckled. It seemed like that nickname was here to stay.

me: lil... reedie? idk

the hot one from laser tag: no. definitely not

me: ree ree?

the hot one from laser tag: never.

me: reedie fresh? im not good at nicknames, ok?

the hot one from laser tag:  ill take reedie fresh if you promise not to call me that in public

"Oof!"

My sneakers were soaked in ice cold liquid. I looked down at the overturned pitcher of Sprite, and then at the brown-haired boy scrambling to clean it up. I couldn't even be mad at him, he looked so helpless. I leaned down and offered my hand to help him up.

"Are you okay?"

His eyes were round with shock as I brought him to his feet. "I am so sorry, I really didn't mean to--"

"Hey, it's fine," I assured him, smiling. "Hey, do you go to my school or something? I feel like I've seen you." I peered at his face, but couldn't place his wide eyes and freckles.

"I'm Matt. Matt Carrigan." When his name didn't register, he shrugged. "I'm not the most memorable person to meet."

"Well, I definitely won't forget you now," I joked, gesturing to my shoes.

"I'm really sorry about that."

"Matt, chill, it's fine. Really."

Matthew looked at me appreciatively. He had the cutest freckles I'd ever seen, and an adorable flop of brown hair. I honestly wanted to pinch his cheeks, and I guess it showed on my face.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" Matt asked, inching away from me.

I blushed. "No reason." I spotted his phone, the top peeking out of his pocket. "Hey, can I see your phone for a sec?"

The change in his face was somewhere near comical as he handed it to me. He watched, dumbstruck, as I put my number in.

"I'll see you at school, probably, but if I don't, you'll text me, right?" I asked.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

I grabbed my pizza from the service counter and paid. With the box in my hand, I turned back to Matt.

"See ya!" I called to him, bumping the door open with my hip. My shoes squelched as I walked out the door. "Do you promise to text me?"

Matthew leaned out the door and smiled at me. "Yeah, sure."

I waved at him one last time before I got in the car and drove home.

A/N heyyy so that's dylan labelle (isn't he just droolworthy?!?!) and I rwally think if he had freckles he would somehow be perfect because Matt's so adorable where Reed is so... sex-symbol-ish? I don't know.

What do you think of Matt, though?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!!

xx