Chapter 9

“You better watch your words Beckham” Nicolai said through clenched teeth.

“I am only saying the truth, Anderson, you took this land away from my father”

“I beat your father fair and square” I won’t lose my control because of him, I won’t give him the satisfaction.

“That may be true, but I am here to take what belongs to me” he glared Nicolai. “I challenge you to a duel”

“Name the time and date”

“Tomorrow, at two”

Nicolai hesitated, his mother and sister were coming tomorrow, he could not have a fight the same day as they were back, but he could not refuse either, he had been challenged, and as alpha he was force to accept the duel.

He nodded in agreement, “Now leave” he ordered. James walked to the door, his eyes still challenging Nicolai.

Nicolai let out a growl once James had left.

“Are you sure about this?” Cameron said behind him

“Positive”

* * * * * *

“Are you coming or not?” Gia yelled from the door.

“Yeah” Selene answered coming out of her room. She had a soft red strapless shirt with a white long skirt.

“You look so cute” Gia said as Selene walked to her side.

“You look good too” she replied. Gia had chosen a long black V-necked shirt with white Capri pants.

“Are you sure about this?” Gia asked with concern.

“A little” Selene shrugged.

Gia nodded. “Why do we have to go so early?” she complained.

“We don’t know when Nicolai’s mom is coming, so we might as well go early”

“What if she doesn’t show up until it is night time? What if she doesn’t show at all?!”

“Don’t complain so much, I know you’re dying to see Cameron”

Gia scowled. “You want to see Nicolai” she shot back. Selene silently admitted it. She wanted to see him, wanted to be near him.

“Just get in the car” she said to Gia as she climbed unto the driver’s seat.

“Defensive much” Gia murmured, but Selene heard her.

* * * * * *