1. A New Beginning

The clicking of a keyboard could be heard, the sound of rapid typing. The sun was just rising as a cool yet brisk wind came through the window.

"This is what I get for not doing the homework the day it's given and wait until Sunday" said Ben in a rushed tone.

Ben was still in his underwear and a white shirt. He looked at the clock and then at his phone. He had a text from his best friend Ethan. The text read
"Did you do the essay?"

"No, I uhh kinda left it for the last minute" replied Ben.

Ben finished his essay and began printing it out. He went over to his closet and stretched. He looked at his clothes on the floor and then at his clean clothes.

"You know, I should reaally stop procrastinating. First it's the clothes then it's the dishes then the homework." Said Ben in a joking tone.

He got changed into a blue long sleeve shirt and black jeans. He put on his shoes and then put on a grey zip up hoodie. He heard his printer finish printing and put his essay in his back pack. His phone the lit up with a text from Grace, his long time friend. He unlocked his phone and read the text.

"Hey"

"Hey Grace, whats up?"

"Im outside your place. Can you let me in im kindy chilly out here"

Ben raced down the stairs and tripped. He hit the floor and groaned
"Oww....". He got up and got the door. He opened it and Grace stood there and walked in.

"Did you happen to fall before you opened the door for me?" Said Grace jokingly

"Wow, that loud?" Said Ben as he smiled a little

Grace giggled "Very, people in Hell's Kitchen could hear it"

Ben closed the door and Grace sat down on the couch. Ben turned on the kitchen light and opened the fridge.

"So where's Ethan?" Asked Ben

"He said he'd meet us at school"

"Oh okay, you don't think it has something to do with his dad?"

"You mean the whole him getting sent to prison? Most certainly" said Grace in a soft fading tone.

"I feel bad for him. Ethans dad seemed really nice, excluding the whole him flying around in mechanized Vulture wings. Like the barbecue last summer his dad made the best burgers."

Grace and Ben collectively thought back on the barbecue.

"Hey Grace" said John Allen, Ben's dad.

"Hey Mr.Allen!" Grace got up and hugged John.

"Hey dad"

John looked at the clock and saw that Ben and Grace were about to miss their bus.
"Would you guys like a ride to school?"

"No thank you Mr.Allen we're meeting Ethan at the bus stop"

"I see. Ben do you mind giving this to Ethan?" John handed Ben an envelope.
"It's for what happend to his father."

Ben nodded and signaled to Grace that it was time to go. Ben went upstairs and grabbed his backpack and phone. Grace exited the door and Ben said goodbye to John. Ben and Grace walked to the bus stop and Ben noticed she was reading something.

"What are you reading?"

"Oh, just something from Wattpad. I'm reading this book called "The Astonishing Spider-Man" it's pretty good."

Ben nodded and and looked at the light rain come down. He then saw Stans Comic Shop.
"Miss ya Stan" said Ben to himself.

Ben and Grace sat down at the bus stop and Grace lookes at Ben's arm.
"Jeez Ben, been working out?"