Chapter 3: Junior

(Y/n) wakes with a start as the Bullhead touches down. He peers out as the door open.

"Hold on. This ain't Atlas. Where are we Woods?"

"The secret paramilitary organization under my jurisdiction. This is the RSDF, or the Remnant Self Defense Force. We deal with incidents involving kaiju Faunus."

He gestures to another bullhead touching down nearby. Open opening up its bay doors, several soldiers march out, carrying various Kaiju faunus on stretchers, while healthier individuals followed.

"We save them from slavers, the Schnee corporation, etc. Always as "unknown assailants" or "bandits". Then they're brought here for rehabilitation, before being sent back home to reunite with the lives they were taken from. Alternatively, they can continue to seek a place here in the Kingdoms. Only a few stubborn ones do. Which is why you are the most important piece to this millennia long puzzle."

They follow behind the group of faunus, entering a massive set of steel doors. While the group ahead of them splits up and head down different side corridors, he and Ironwood continue down the corridor. Ironwood continues.

"Your father set things in motion for a better view of kaiju faunus with his sacrifice against the Crimson Nightmare, Destroyah. He managed to gain the support of all the Altesian elite, except the Schnee household, thanks to his great efforts. That is a considerable feat, given Atlas's... history. Your father built the foundation. Now... now you and those around you need to build the structure of a new, friendlier society."

He flips stops at a door. He raises his metallic arm, which shifts and splits into a dozen different digits, which all begin to rapidly type a passcode in. The console lets out an affirmative beep, and the door slides open. Instead of prim and proper laboratory, they had entered what seemed to look more like a daycare.

"Excuse me General. But why are we here?"

"Because the person who is in this room is as important as you."

He opens the small door, and they hear a soft shuffle. Nearby, (Y/n) sees a small form move around and then push themselves up. Donned in soft little sweater and little sweatpants. Soft amber eyes meet (Y/n)'s sulfuric yellow. The blankets fall further, revealing blunt maple leaf shaped spines, along with a little blue tail. The young boy grins, and practically shoots out of the little mound of blankets, slamming into the elder kaiju's legs.

"Papa!"

The teen pauses and awkwardly crouches down to pat the child's head.

"What? What? Sorry kiddo, but I think I'm a bit young to be your pa."

"Unfortunately for you, he actually is. By blood."

(Y/n) whirls around so fast that there's a heavy gust of wind.

"What the heck do you mean by he's my bloody kid?!"

"Follow me. I'll have to show you how."

(Y/n) gently hoists up the smaller kaiju and follows the General. The young kaiju excitedly pulls, prods and strokes (Y/n)'s cheek, who doesn't seem all that bothered. Ironwood beckons to them. Upon approaching, the General taps at a console, and a display pops up, showing various images of DNA strands and chromosomes.

"Your son ... is interesting. It seems he wasn't born naturally, but rather grown externally."

"So... he's a tube baby?"

"Esentially, yes. But not quite. You see..."

The General pauses as he swipes to an image of a cell. A very unique one.