4

Arkyn planned to stay in for the weekend, but Alexis had managed to convince him he had to apologise, which he knew, he just also knew he should probably stay away. He eventually decided to go apologise at the least and drove to her house. He stood at the door with a bouquet of flowers and rung the bell.
"Who are you?" A man that Arkyn presumed was her dad opened the door.
"Hello sir. My name's Arkyn. I was wondering if Bonnie was here?"
"No, she's not." He snapped.
"Oh." Arkyn said deflated. "Well could you give her these and tell her I said sorry when she gets back?" He handed her father the flowers. He started to walk away.
"Wait." He stopped and Arkyn walked back over. Rudy handed Arkyn the flowers. "She'll be at her grandmother's."
"Right. Where's that?"
"Take a left over there, and down to the end of the road. It's the second last house. Only one with a blue door."
"Thanks." Arkyn walked over to his car, and drove in the direction he was instructed.

He managed to find the door and a lady opened the door. She looked a little like Bonnie.
"May I help you?" She scowled.
"Are you Bonnie's grandmother?"
"And who are you?"
"My name's Arkyn." She seemed as though she recognised the name and her scowl hardened. "Bonnie's dad said she might be here?"
"Stay away from my granddaughter."
"You've heard of me?"
"Original vampire. Yeah, I've heard of you. Why are you here?"
"I'm not here for Elena or anyone else. In case you haven't heard, I've had nothing to do with my family in centuries."
"So why are you here? Why now?"
"I've spent the past three centuries drifting, trying to make a life for myself. But I never could. So I decided to come home. This is where I was born and raised, you know?"
"So you aren't here for Elena?"
"I didn't even know there was another doppelgänger." He shrugged. "Look, Bonnie doesn't know I'm a vampire let alone an original. I'm guessing she doesn't know much about the supernatural world. So if you would give her these for me, and tell her I'm sorry, I'll do my best to stay out of her life." Another boy came over to the doorstep.
"Um hi?" Stefan said and Arkyn looked at the young man in confusion.
"Hello."
"Wait- You're Arkyn, right?" Stefan said. "I'm Stefan Salvatore."
"I assume you're here for Bonnie?"
"Actually, I'm here for you." He corrected Sheila.
"Ah. Come in, the both of you." Arkyn hesitated.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Well I've already invited you in."
"You're a vampire?" Stefan frowned.
"Well done." Arkyn rolled his eyes and followed Sheila into her house. Stefan stood for a second before following.
"What do you need Stefan? What happened?"
"Bonnie and Elena were both kidnapped."
"By who?"
"There was this vampire, back from 1864."
"How old is she?"
"I don't know, I know she and her mother were good friends with Katherine, and I know that her mom's in the tomb with Katherine. Anna wants her back too."
"I can find out where they are, but he's going with you."
"He is?"
"You don't know how old she is, but she's older than you. Correct?" Sheila scolded Stefan.
"Yes."
"He's an old one, and you need more strength on your side if this vampire's with Bonnie and Elena right now."
"You trust him?"
"Spirits do." Sheila replied simply.

Arkyn kicked in the door, Stefan right behind him. Stefan went to the curtains and ripped them away from the windows letting in light, so that the young vampire had to cower back. Arkyn sped Bonnie and Elena out of the room and Stefan came out a second later.
"Stefan!" Elena said relieved.
"Arkyn?" Bonnie asked. "You're a vampire?"
"Yeah." He said, looking down. "Stefan can take you home, I just wanted to make sure you were okay."
"No!" She glared at him. "You do not get to do that!"
"Uh we're gonna give you guys some space." Stefan said, tugging Elena away.
"Do what?"
"You owe me answers. How old are you?" Bonnie frowned.
"Older than you could imagine." He replied.
"Did you know I was a witch?" He nodded. "How long?"
"Since I met you. I can sense the power coming off you in waves."
"Is that why you wanted to hang out with me? 'Cos I'm a witch?"
"No! Of course not."
"So why?"
"Because you're funny, kind, and absolutely gorgeous. For some reason I can't stay away."
"Why did you come here? Do you even have siblings?"
"I've never lied to you, Bonnie. My mom did die, and my dad was a psycho. My siblings and I lived together until my oldest brother was affected by a spell which in human terms can be described as a coma- long story. And I don't get along with them. I haven't seen any of them in about three centuries."
"So you're super old?"
"Yeah, definitely."
"Much older than Damon and Stefan, I guess."
"Much much older. How do you know them?"
"Stefan's dating Elena, and Damon's his brother and a total ass."
"I assume he was the guy I interrupted at the Grill?"
"Yeah, that was him."
"So any more questions?"
"How did you know I was in trouble?"
"I went by your house to apologise and your dad pointed me to your grandmother who figured out what I was but then Stefan came and then your grandmother told him I was a vampire and that I could help in case the other vampire was in there, the older one. Anna?"
"Grams sent you?"
"Yeah."
"She hates vampires."
"She said the spirits vouched for me. Speaking of, I should get you home to her, before I get on her bad side."