Chapter 12

"You know I hate secrets," Stevie complained, adjusting her plain white tee shirt that was getting wrinkled under the seat belt.

"I know," Chris took his eyes off the road for a moment to smile at her before making sure he took the right exit. "That's why I'm keeping it a secret."

"What a jerk," She teased with a roll of her dark eyes.

"You're stuck with me though," He smugly grinned. Even though his aviators covered his blue eyes, Stevie knew that familiar mischievous twinkle was in them.

She just shrugged her slender shoulder, "Who says?"

"Oooh, ouch," Chris put a hand on his toned left pec, pretending it wounded his heart.

Stevie just laughed before the two kept driving in comfortable silence. Chris had finished up his reshoots and they were going to be on a plane back to Boston tonight but they had the entire day free. Chris had insisted on taking her somewhere as a surprise, saying it was going to be their first official date and he wanted to make it special.

Over the years of the two being best friends, she had been with him to California often. Stevie would come to filming or press tours when she could or at the very least, would come and stay with him for a week or two at a time when he was at his LA house. Even with that though, she still wasn't too familiar with where things were so she was at a loss for where they were going.... Until they took a particular exit.

"WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND AREN'T WE?" Stevie grabbed his muscular shoulder as her eyes grew wide with excitement.

Her shouting made Chris let out a hysterical laugh while he took the next exit to take them to the Disney parking garage and smirked at her, "Maybe...."

"YAY!" She pumped her arms in the air but then smacked her hands on the ceiling, making her whine, "Ow!" which only made Chris laugh harder.

"You know, it really sometimes amazes me that you are athletic as you are," He taunted.

"I normally would give you shit for that but you're taking me to Disneyland so I'm just too happy to even respond to that," She was honest.

Stevie bounced in her seat while they drove through the parking garage until they got to a parking spot. Chris turned the key to shut the car off and then went to unbuckle his seatbelt but before he could even click the button, Stevie had gotten out of her seat, swung her leg over the center console and was straddling Chris lap.

She hooked her arms around his neck and passionately locked her lips to his. It took Chris by surprise and he barely even had time to react. Stevie pulled away from his lips and started pressing little tiny kisses all over his face that already had stubble growing back. Chris laughed loudly as she covered his entire face and relished the feeling it gave him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," She kept kissing his face. "I'm so excited!"

"So I think this wins as a first date," Chris chuckled at her reaction.

Stevie pressed her lips against his hard, giving him a kiss that made Chris' stomach do flops before pulling away and grinning, "Big time."

The two kept on swapping kisses until neither could wait any longer to get to the park. Once they both were walking down main street, they could barely contain their excitement. When they reached the end of main street and were in front of the castle, Stevie fished out her phone.

"We need to take a castle selfie!" She exclaimed.

Chris happily pressed his cheek up against her and they both smiled widely as Stevie snapped the picture. As she went to take another one, Chris turned and kissed her cheek, making Stevie smile even wider.