Chapter 2

I'm sitting in the last class of the day, history. My eyes keep closing automatically and I am about to just fall asleep when someone touches my back. I turn around. "What?" I whisper.

It's a blonde boy, but I don't remember his name. "What? I didn't do anything," he whispers back. I turn back around and suddenly a very weird feeling appears inside of me. It's almost like energy inside my body. I try to ignore it but it becomes more and more powerful and then it just disappears.

    I suddenly notice everyone staring at me. "What?" I ask, afraid everyone had heard or seen what happened in me.

"Miss Brown, I asked you a question but you didn't hear me because you were in your own world," Mr. Raymond says.

"I'm sorry Mr. Raymond, what did you ask me?" I say, trying to sound polite.

"I asked you when did World War 1 end?"

"Ummmmm. 1918?" I guess. He completely surprises me with his answer. "That is correct. And what month did it start?"

    I spit out an answer without thinking, "June?" "That is incorrect." Then he asks someone else. Finally, the moment I've been waiting for all day comes. The bell. Packing my bags in record speed, I run out of the room. "Don't forget! Test next week!" He calls after us. We all groan in unison.

         .......................................

When I get home I run upstairs and collapse on my bed, thinking about what happened in history. That strange electric feeling. Will it return? Or was that my imagination? I shake my head to get rid of my thoughts. There was something happening today that I can't remember.

My older brother Sam walks in my room interrupting my thoughts. "Can I borrow your computer?"

"Yes, but return it," I answer. "Ok thanks!" He takes it and walks out of the room. I squint at him suspiciously but then decide to ignore him and change into more comfortable clothes. I lay down on my bed and start to read one of my favorite horse books when my mom walks in the room.

"Sasha?"

"Yeah?" I look up from my reading.

She glances at the book in my hands (Black Beauty) and smiles slightly. "Yes, Mom?" I repeat.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Go where?" I ask, wondering if it's the same thing I forgot about earlier.

"To get your horse."

"Oh yeah! I can't believe I forgot."

  I carefully place the book down and jump off the bed. "Let me get dressed and then we can go." After getting ready as fast as I can we get into the car and leave to go pick up Ashley as planned and head toward the barn, a few miles away. 

................................................................................................

Dad meets us there and he and Mom start talking. "Can we just go in?!" They look at each other and smile, but we go in." Some person talks to Mom and Dad for a minute before leading us to the horses. We walk down one row, but I don't notice any horse that catch my eye.

   "Are you sure you don't want any of these horses?" Mom asks. "This brown one is pretty cute." I laugh. "Mom, it's called bay." 

   "Whatever. It's still brown. Hey look at this one," she walks over to a chestnut. But I turn the corner, by myself.

   Immediately, it catches my eye. It's perfectly gleaming palomino golden color stands out like a firework in the night sky. And before I even figure out if it's a boy or girl, I know it's the one. When all the other horses look bored or sleepy, this one is different. The second I stepped within sight, it happily nickered a greeting.

   I start petting it and see on its stall door that it's a boy, but doesn't have a name like all the others. Mom and Dad appear by my side with Ashley and I know I'm right when I say, "This is the one." They don't even have to say anything. They already know.

   Everything else happens in a blur. My parents buying him, loading him into a trailer, getting back in the car to go home. Suddenly that odd feeling from yesterday brings me back to reality. That unexplainable energy inside has grown much stronger and I try to push it down so no one notices anything strange.

   "What are you going to name him?" Ashley asks me. I run over a few options in my mind. Starstruck, Lucky, Golden Sun, Golden Star. I mentally cross out Lucky for being too common of a horse name. I want something original. Suddenly two mix together. Sunstruck. "Sunstruck," I tell her. She nods in approval.

  Sunstruck the Golden Stallion. MY Golden Stallion.

               ..................................

A/N

This chapter deleted itself so I rewrote it, changing a few little things that don't really matter. Sorry that it was gone for so long.