x

&

luke falls face forward onto michael's bed the second they enter his room, it makes michael chuckle softly and lay down next to him, turning on the TV. luke flips over and they watch the random movie in comfortable silence. michael knows that luke doesn't want to talk about it.

two hours later, the doorbell rings and michael is surprised to find a sobbing calum at his door. he leads him to his room and luke sits up straight, eyes blown wide at calum's messy appearance. in this moment, he doesn't care that calum practically stole his boyfriend. he cares about his best friend of ten years.

"what happened ?" he asks softly, "i'm sorry." calum blurts out, throwing himself into luke's arms, "how'd you deal with him, lu ? the abuse ? the drugs ? the cheating ? huh ?!" calum's cries are muffled by luke's shirt as he grips onto his friend, both as an apology and for his own comfort.

"i don't know." luke whispers, shaking off his feelings as he holds calum, running his fingers through his curly locks.

"he's out of this band, and our lives." michael states simply, startling the younger boys who nod anyway.

luke sighs softly as he falls back onto the bed, holding calum close. "withdrawals ?" he asks gently. calum nods, "i wanted to be clean. i wanted to stop. hell, when i started i thought it was a onetime thing. i'm sorry lu, so fucking sorry."

"we're going to be okay cal, and i forgive you. it's okay."

"i love you, and you, mike."calum whispers.

"i love you too."michael and luke reply in sync as the three of them form a cuddle pile.

and even though two out of three boys are hurting, they know it'll be okay, and that they'll be fine.

&