early delivery | coco cruz

annon: Can I do a coco request? Maybe one where you go into labor two months early with a girl. But in the end everything turns out fine.

request are open
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"coco wake up!" you shake him awake. you felt a sharp pain in your stomach and then liquid in between your legs.

"hm is the baby okay?" coco asks, still turned around and sleepy.

"i think my water just broke" you panic. he immediately sits up and takes off the blanket and sees the sheets are wet and there's spotting.

"come on let's get you to the hospital" he rushes to your side and helps you out of bed. he takes the delivery bag you insisted on packing when you were 6 months along just in case.

"it's too early. i had two months left" you keep mumbling as he helps you in the car.

"i know baby i know but everything's going to be fine" coco tries to reassure you. you nod your head but can't help but let a few tears escape your eyes as coco puts his hand over your belly and you put your hand over his.

once you get to the emergency room, you get put in a private room and they perform an ultrasound.

"the baby is in a breech position so you will need to have a c-section" the doctor informs you and all you can do is nod your head. Coco is sitting in a chair by your side and is holding your hand.

"we're gonna get you set up in a room in the maternity wing and get you prepped for surgery" the doctor continues and then the nurses are wheeling you out.

once in the room, the doctor explains the procedure to you and Coco. after he leaves, you and Cooc are silent for a few minutes, taking it all in. the doctor gave you 10 minutes at most until you have to be prepped.

"i'm scared" you whisper. "what if the baby doesn't ma-"

"hey we can't think like that okay. everything will be fine" he says gently. coco takes your hand in his and puts it up to his lips. "i love you"

with a nervous smile you say, "i love you too"

The doctor and nurses walk in and wheel you out of the room. Coco calls the club and they meet him downstairs in the cafeteria.

"I didn't want her to know, but i'm worried. the baby is here two months early, they said he or she was gonna have to be in an incubator and there's chances for the baby to be born with defects and other things like that" coco says.

"you gotta have faith that everything is gonna be okay" bishop says as he lays a hand on Coco's shoulder.

"I hope so. I should go back upstairs. i'll come down and get you guys later" Coco says, standing up.

"alright man we'll be here waiting" Bishop replies.

It feels like Coco is waiting forever until finally they roll you in. behind you, the nurses are also rolling in an incubator, but all Coco can focus on is the pink blanket.

the doctor explains that the procedure went great and that the baby is fine. although, the baby will have to stay in the incubator for a few days but nothing too serious.

"hi sweetheart" Coco smiles as you start to open your eyes.

"mhm is the baby okay" you say, still a little daze.

"yeah she's doing great" coco beams

"she's a she?" you mumble

"yeah it's a baby girl" coco laughs

"and she's okay?" you ask again

"she's gonna have to stay in the incubator for a few days but other than that she's perfect, just like her mom" Coco says as he takes your hand in his and his thumb runs across your knuckles.