46

[Chapter forty-six]

-Nevaeh-

"Knock knock."

I look up and see Dylan stepping into my room, a plastic bag in hand.

"Hey." I smile as he walks over to my bed.

"Hey." He smiles back before kissing my cheek and sitting down in the chair to my right. "Noah, Max, Megan and I decided to take turns spending some alone time with you. So I brought popcorn, Eggos, and a whole bunch of random movies."

I grin. "What movies?"

He goes through the bag and pulls out a stack of movies. "Mean Girls, The Conjuring, Dumb and Dumber, 17 Again, Grease, and Tangled."

I smile widely at the last one. "Tangled!"

He chuckles. "Okay. But first, I need your advice."

I raise an eyebrow. "My advice?"

He nods. "Yeah. You're straight up and you don't sugarcoat shit."

"Oh, gotcha." I nod. "What is it?"

"My relationship with Joey." He states simply.

"Joey Sanders?" I question. "The redhead from high school?"

"Yeah."

"What's up?"

"Well," he starts. "We've been in an on again-off again relationship since high school. The first time we broke up was because he had some shit going on in his life, which was understandable, and we got back together a couple weeks later. The second time we broke up, he cheated on me. We got back together a few months later. The third time we broke up, I had some shit going on and I felt like he wasn't committed to me but we got back together a couple days later but then I found out he slept with some literally two hours after we broke up so I broke up with him again. He said it didn't matter because, and I quote, 'we were on a break', and he wants to get back together but I don't know what to do."

"Oh okay, mhmm," I hum. "Drop his ass."

He looks at me. "What?"

I nod. "He cheated on you, and he slept with someone hours after you broke up. Who the fuck does that? Obviously he's not as committed to you as you are to him. You've given him too many chances and he thinks he'll be forgiven as soon as he fucks up."

"That's true." Dylan hums.

"See, right now you're Ross and Rachel. Their relationship was horrible and toxic." I tell him. "What you really want to be is Monica and Chandler. Unproblematic and perfect."

"Thanks, Vaeh. I knew I kept you around for a reason." He nods, picking up his phone.

"Um, rude." I mumble and furrow my eyebrows as he starts dialing someone's number. "What're you doing?"

"Calling Joey." He states simply.

My eyes widen slightly as he presses the phone to his ear. "No. You are not about to break up with him over the phone. That is such a dick move."

"So is cheating on someone and sleeping with someone else three hours after they break up." He counters.

I purse my lips. "Point taken."

"Hey, asshole." He speaks into the phone. "We're over and in the words of Taylor Swift, 'we are never ever getting back together'. I need a Chandler, not a Ross. Goodbye and good riddance, you readheaded demon child."