Chapter: 2

Hassan

"Hassan, bring me that piece of garment in the shelf over there, no! at the top! ye-yes..that one, now be careful!..Please my son!!"

Hassan's father Abdullah sighs out of relief when he realized that his only son had not magically burnt the garment, nor magically smeared poop on it or other horrible stuff that were too irrational, but still caused Abdullah to be nervous. His son...was such a troublemaker that he caused his father wary for no reason at all...

Everytime single time.

Hassan looked at his father with a bored gaze.

He was slightly embarrassed that his father so bashfully could express how much he did not rely on his son. It always made the seventeen year old kid, want to grow into a man. A man that his father could actually trust. Knowing how sensitive his father was, Hassan never shared the pain and always gave him bored looks. As if he was agreeing to act immature, like his father already thought he was.

Hassan stopped thinking as he saw a beautifull ugly looking girl come into the store. Hassan knew that the words were not making sense together...but she was beautiful yet ugly! He was so captivated that he found himself gawking.

"Assalama alaikum my daughter! What can i help you with?" Abdullah greeted warmly and a small blush was soon visibly on her cheeks.

Hassan was still gawking.

He couldn't believe the beauty he saw in that otherwise ugly appearance. That was when the words of his dead mother echoed in his thoughts.

A ugly person, is someone with a ugly heart

a beautiful person is someone with a beautiful heart,

so no matter how pretty you are, or handsome you are

you are in fact ugly if your heart is full of ingratitude and jealousy,

or enmity and selfishness..

He memorised it, because it was her last words. No, actually he did not choose to memorize but Hassan was good at memorizing; so it happened unintentionally but then he could have forgotten about it. He was also good at forgetting when he wanted. Yet he could not... Not when it came to his mother's last words nor... when it came to that young teenage girl; that was beautifully ugly.

Hassan never considered marriage before, but the thought of someone else appreciating that unique charm made him really upset. An anger that was..

bluntly irrational and unhidden.

Like he had all the right to be..