Vampire Red :[Book Two- Hell's gate.]

"Oh, wow." I said stepping out the boat taking kale's hand.

"This IS Hell you know? It's not meant to be 'wow'." Kale sighed dragging me up an alley way strewn with litter.

"Yuch! What is that smell!?" I cried out now aware of the rotting odour in the cool air.

"That, is Satan's doing." He murmered before we opened up onto a giant bustling street before the cities entrance.

"What are they selling?" i asked looking around me, it looked like..."Human's. Slaves." Kale said pulling me close.

Kale pulled me over to one of the markets and asked the scrawny figure something to which the man whent behinde the tent to fetch something.

'What are these people used for?' I asked kale mentally.

'Slaves, Sexual abuse, Carring things, Fights, Fun...'

'Fun?!' I almost yelled.

he flinched and turned to look at the man who had just reappeared with another man by his side.

The other new man looked familiar...

"Ah, Gray my friend, I see you made it here." Kale said pating Gray on his back.

Now i remeber him! he was at the dinner table on my first night. He was one of the few that didnt look away and eat after the announcment. He was sitting next to Kale.

"lily, a pleasure to meet you again." He said smiling politley,. I just nodded and tugged on Kale's sleeve.

"Can we go past these...sales....and um...go to Sagean's Lock?"

"Yes, come." He and Gray nodded to the sales man and walked in the general direction of what seemed to be small wooden cottaages.

I felt sick to think this was someones home.

'Kale? How do the people....Monsters....here cover up after a human has been stolen?' I asked mentally not wantig gray to hear.

'Ah, well, that i am not sure of, but most people here are hybrids. Born and will die forever here.' he sighed.

'Oh.' Was all i could muster.

Humans were on the street being beaten or abused no food or water. Alone.

I couldnt help the sob when i saw this woman being whipped infront of a crowd of cheering men.

I ran over slipping out of Kale's Grasp and pushed through the crowd of sick cheering men.

The first thing i noticed straight away was that the woman was covering her belly, not her chest.

The man beating her had a beer belly and dishevled hair and a overgrwoing mustache.

The woman wailed and pulled her hand protctivly around her stomache.

She was pregnant.

I felt a hand grab my forearm, i turned around to see a man about 23 clutching me.

when he saw me he instantly dropped my arm.

"I'm sorry i thought you wear someone elese." HE said worridly.

he turned to leave but i held his arm, "no wait, that woman is pregnant!"

He nodded. "I really have to find someone, excuse me." He said pushing past me.

"Hey! Maybe i could help you? My names Lily. Lily Heart. I seem to have lost my companions..." I said looking around the mass crowd.

I was lost acctuly...i coouldnt see Kale anywhere.

"Uh, yeah sure. Damon, Damon Salvatore. Come on, Lily." Damon replied.

He grabbed my arm and tugged me away from the crowd.

"what's her name?" I asked him.

"Elena. She means alot to me." He added.

"Wait! Look! is that her!" i yelled pointing to a blonde haired girl about my age who was about to punch the Whipper.

"Shizz." he exclaimed before dropping my hand and sprinting over to Elena.

he was slow for a vampire and i felt oddly worried about him.

I pushed back through the now silent crowd till i was standing at the front in clear veiw.

I jumped when another arm grabbed me by my waist.

"Kale!" i yelled slapping his arm.

"Where the hell did you-" I cut him off and pointed toward the scene infront of us.

"i will take the beating! you stupid monster! can you not see she is with a child!" The girl- Elena yelled in the guys face.

The beaten woman looked up shakily and i ran across over to her. I heard Damon and Kale hiss.

"Are you alright?" i asked looking her up and down, scanning for injuries apart from the whip lashes on her back she seemed un harmed.

"Thank you child. But the girl-" She said raising her hand to point at Elena.

Kale was now stood by Damon's side.

Gray came rushing over helping pick up the woman.

"You? You want to take this slaves beatings?" The man bellowed.

But the girl, Elena seemed un fazzled as she bent down handing him the whip.

"Five slashes given to the woman for stealiing," He said raising his whip.

"no please stop!" Damon asked edging closer to the monster of a man.

"No, go ahead, quickly!" Elena replied silencing Damon.

"1." WHIP, and muffled cry from Elena. "2." WHIP, a grunt from The now restrained Damon. "3." WHIP. "4." WHIP.

"5!" WHIP. Elena got back up shakily and ran over to Me and the woman and fell to the floor. Damon and Kale came over and lifted the woman and Elena up and carried her off.

"Wait! that woman is MY slave!" The man bellowed.

Kale turned round thrust some cash in the man's nose before grabbing my arm and walking over to a little cottage with a hospital sign on the front.

I couldnt stop the shake's that ran through my body. darkness engufled me and Kale caught me wrapping his arm tightly aroung me.