Chapter Four pt. 1

I wake up with pale morning light streaming through the windows. I don't feel as heavy a weight in my chest when I sit up. Just empty. I crawl out of bed, opening up the curtains and looking outside. The sun shines over the meadow and forest in front of the house. I look closely over at the forest, thinking back to yesterday and smiling at the thought of Nathan.

Nathan.

Honestly I wonder that when he was telling his story if he could hear my heart breaking. It makes me furious that someone could be so cruel to someone who's been through so much. The whole situation makes me feel even more broken than I already feel.- If that's even possible.

I go downstairs and walk into the kitchen, greeted by an all to familiar face. My jaw drops as my muscles tense. Reacting the same way I did when I found out about Lana's death.

Sitting at my table by my mother is a Police Officer.

"Anna, sit down." The man says calmly.

I cautiously take a step forward, trying to appear as emotionless as possible. I sit down across from the Officer, John, his name tag says, before speaking and breaking the growing tension in the room.

"What is this all about?" I say from across the wooden table.

"Anna, we've found a lead in your sister's murder case. We believe that she possibly could've been... Murdered."

...

I try to let it sink in. What? Murdered? Who the HELL would do such a thing? And to my own sister! What cold-hearted monster would even THINK of that?! Bile rises in my throut at the sickening thought.

I try to move, to speak, to do something, but I'm frozen. Speechless.

All of a sudden I snap out of my trance, my eyes welling up as I promptly rise and rush out the door. I can hear my mother calling for me, but I don't care. There's only one person who can help me right now.

Nathan.