Chapter Two: Mischief

Chapter Two:

Mischief

Loki woke up the following morning with a splitting headache. He let out a groan, clutching his aching head. He got up from the couch leaning on the wall. He could hear noises from the kitchen. His nostrils filled with the smell of freshly brewed coffee and toast. His stomach growled, pulling him into the kitchen. Amanda looked up from the frying pan,

"good morning. Would you like some breakfast?" she asked.

Loki rubbed his face. "that sounds great..." he said sitting down once more.

She walked over placing eggs and toast in front of him.

"coffee is almost ready..." she said as she set down her own plate.

There was a light beep that came from the coffee machine. Amanda walked over pouring the coffee into two cups. She held the coffee in one hand caring the cream and sugar in the other. Amanda set down the coffee finally siting down once more.

"hope you like it." said Amanda before taking a bite of toast.

Loki took a long sip of the black coffee, the warm drink made him feel like he died and went to Valhalla.

"this is absolutly wonderful." said Loki finishing his coffee.

Amanda smiled. "thank you, I'm glad you like it."

"you are very much welcome." he said taking a bite of toast.

Amanda took another sip of coffee, constantly looking at the clock. She set her cup down settling herself.

"you never told me your name." she stated plainly.

Loki looked up from his plate,

"Sorry, It must have slipped my mind for a moment. My name is Liam Richards." said Loki with a slight grin.

It would have been foolish to tell her his real name. He couldn't be too sure if she knew anything. And with the possibility of SHIELD snooping around, he didn't want to be dragged away somewhere.

Amanda looked up at the clock once more, she had lost track of time and would be late for work.

"I'm sorry I have to go!" she blurted out as she ran to the door.

"I get back at five, so bye!" and with that she was out the door.

Loki let out a groan, he looked down at his side. There were three different stitches that ran along his ribs. He clutched his side getting up from the chair. He walked down the hall looking for a bed, he opened the door and to Loki's delight there was a bed. He fell onto the bed slipping under the sheets. He let out a content breath closing his eyes, slowly falling asleep.

...

Amanda finally returned home from a long day of work, but it was not normal in the slightest. Someone was following her every move. As if someone were studying her. She let out a tired breath opening the door and walking in. Jamie had left by now, he wouldn't be back till midnight or later.

Amanda set her bag on the counter, putting her keys on a hook near the door. She looked into the living room, "Liam?" she called out.

There was no response. She let out a sigh walking to her room. It had been a rough day, and the fact that someone was stalking her mad it even worse.

She slipped out of her work cloths stepping into the shower. Hoping that it would calm her nerves.

Loki heard noises around him, he pulled back the covers from his face. He could hear the sound of water smacking the tile floor of a shower. He then realized he was in Amanda's room. Loki pondered for a moment, he closed his eyes once more laying completely still. There was another noise from the bathroom, the water was off and he heard the sound of the shower curtain being pulled back.

Lily walked into her room, the hot shower had help clam her down. She walked over to her closet pulling out a shirt quickly slipping it on. She walked towards the bed, getting under the covers. Amanda let out a content sigh, as she laid her head on her pillow.She moved her hand to her pillow, but stopped when she felt Loki's side. Her eyes grew wide when she realized that Loki was in the bed with her. Her blood went cold. She was completely stunned. She pulled the covers from the side he was on finding him "asleep". Loki kept his eyes closed, he didn't dare open his eyes. Amanda let out a small sigh of relief, setting the covers back down. Loki grinned slightly, she had no idea that he was awake. She laid her head back on the pillow, staring up at the ceiling watching the fan spin. She was so tired from work that she soon forgot Loki was in the bed with her and soon felll fast asleep.

Loki looked up from his own pillow, at Amanda who was now asleep. He let out a low groan, his stitches were still a pit of a problem. Slowly and silently Loki slipped out of the bed walking out of the room. He let out a sigh walking back to the couch. In the corner of his eye Loki spotted a man looking into the house through the front window.

'Could that be the stalker?'thought Loki.

He threw away his thoughts for a moment deciding to find something else to put his mind on. He got up from the couch walking down the hall going into the bedroom next to Amanda's. Just from the look of things Loki could tell that this was Jamie's room. The room was a complete mess. Jamie had anatomy books mixed with various psychology books in a pile in the corner near his cluttered desk with even more junk. The desk was filled with loose papers, stray water bottles and a couple of empty cans of Monster. The bed was unmade and the sheet was half off the bed. Loki chuckled lightly to himself walking into the room. Loki walked over to the pile of books grabbing one of the ones on top. He walked back to the living room and began to read.

...

Amanda woke up only two hours after she fell asleep to the sound of her phone ringing. She let out a muffled groan grabbing her phone.

"hello?" she said, trying not to sound tired.

"hello, I would like to talk to you about joining S.H.I.E.L.D..."