Chapter 5. Travels

Author’s note: SH7 has changed to SH2 because I think there should be less camps for elementals. Random little detail I’d like you to keep in mind. So to make it clear there are only 2 Safe Houses for Elementals.

I wrote this extremely late and only had 1 and a half hour of sleep because I smartly when to bed at 7h30 in the morning last night… I apologize for grammar mistakes. I’ll fix the other chapters including this one when I can.  Night my lovelies Xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Amelia." "AMELIA," a voice shouted, making me stir. I sat up and used my sleeve to wipe drool off my mouth, hair messily covering half my face. Quinn leaned in, "Get up. We’re stopping here for five minutes before we leave again." I got out and stretched my legs before walking stiffly to the entrance. The sun was rising, indicating I had been out for quite some time although most of it was probably just sleeping. I stumbled into the bathroom and managed to somewhat fix my hair. Hopefully this place wasn’t too far away because I was in great need of a shower.

I riffled through my wallet and counted every penny I had, 48$ and 25¢. The more I thought about the situation and the amount of money I had left, the faster panic took over my brain. "Get a grip," I thought to myself. Quinn and J didn’t need another fainting incident. Maybe I could buy my favorite treat as a reward for going through with all of this. I veered to the right into the vegetable isle but the greens limply sat there looking old and distasteful. An idea flashed through my mind and I quickened my pace so I wouldn’t keep the two waiting. I went through the candy isle, looking for my favorite and only sweet I could handle without getting sick. "Gotcha’," I whispered as I found a pack of sour patch kids. I generally hated all candy but these were simply gooey bits of pure bliss. The red ones were my favorite and I usually gave Quinn all the green ones if she was around. Plus, what was that on that label? No trans-fat! Lucky me! "These must be so healthy," I muttered sarcastically. There was no sugar in these whatsoever. Just the run in the mill, 25g per serving, also known as diabetes in a bag.

"Quinn, are we almost there?" I asked, emphasizing her name because I still refused to speak to J. She didn’t move an inch and not a word came out of her mouth. As J made a sharp turn, her body shifted to the right until her face got squashed against the window. "Great," I thought, realizing she was miles and miles away in DreamWorld. "About six hours," J said while glancing at me through the rear view mirror. "I wasn’t talking to you," I snapped.  He sighed, "Listen, I didn’t know Quinn and you were friends. I would have told you!" "Yeah right," I replied, "You happened to know I caused an earthquake in class, made a tree grow in our garden and you’re trying to tell me that while stalking me for who knows the length of time, you never noticed I hung out with Quinn Murphy?" He shrugged, a gesture that got on my nerves. "Okay, I’ve seen you talk to her a few times, no big deal. I only realized how close you two were after the pitiful night when you tried to tie me down with twigs," he said. "Ugh!" I cried out reaching forward and tugging his hair. The car swerved and he cursed. "Will you stop acting like you’re five?!" he yelled at me. "Says you!" I yelled back.

Quinn was as alive as a rock. We could have screamed to the top of our lungs and it would have probably still taken her ten minutes before waking up. Maybe it was a water elemental thing, I wouldn’t have known. She was exhausted from the dance, replacing J in the driver’s seat and obviously being a passenger was tiring. I started feeling slightly guilty for not offering to take the wheel yet. "Hey," I said my voice softer than it was earlier. "I can drive a bit if you’d like as long as the road stays straight on the highway considering I won’t know where to go," I added, trying to redeem myself for not being as chill and helpful as Quinn was. "It’s fine. She’ll be up soon and we can switch seats," he replied. "But she deserves a break! Look at her, she’s barely ever this sleepy," I argued. "Okay, Whatever," he shrugged again giving me a weird look. Gosh he was so appreciative.