Ch.4

~Cassie's P.O.V. ~

  I smiled wide and bit my lip. "I uhm well..I've never ditched before." I saw the expression on his face fade. "Well, it's fun. C'mon please!" He smiled wide. Was this a date? No way. No way. This is just one of my dreams. I smiled. "Uhm. Lemme get my stuff and then we can go." I smiled heading towards my locker with him following behind me. I packed all my stuff in my bag and slung it over my shoulder. He took my bag from me. "Uhm..what are you doing?" I looked at him. "I'm taking your bag so it's easier for you." He smiled. Wow. No one besides my parents have ever offered to do that for me. I was surprised by how sweet he was. Well, not surprised but wow. He's such a gentlemen. I blushed slightly. "Thank you..but I'm not the one to have somebody pamper or take care of me." I tried taking my bag back but he didn't let me. "While I'm with you..you won't have to do everything. " He flashed his smile again as we got to his car and he put my bag in the back seat. I got in the car and buckled my seat belt. 

  He looked over at me as he got in the car and buckled his seat belt. "Where do you wanna eat?" He smiled at me as he started the car. I thought about it for a minute. "Wanna go get some Wendy's? I'm not that big on fancy meals." I bit my lip and he smiled bigger. "Me either. Wendy's it is." He replied and started driving. I smiled to myself and watched out the window as we drove through town. It was so nice and quiet where we lived. The people here are so nice and friendly. It's so much nicer here than when we lived in Miami. It was always so busy. I do miss the beaches but I like New York better than Florida. I mean, the weather here is so much nicer by a whole like fifty percent. But I like visiting Florida. We visit our family every summer. Sometimes we'll fly and sometimes we'll drive. When we left Florida, we left everything behind. But I was still so little. We moved here when I was 5. I'm now 16 so we've been in New York for about 11 years now. "So..tell me about yourself?" Matt asked interuppting my thoughts. I smiled a little. "Well...you know my name already. I was born in Miami, Florida but I moved here when I was only in kindergarten. So I was brought up here. I've always dreamed of going to Juliard for college. It's my dream to get accepted there." He smiled wide at me. "Me too. I've always loved reading and writing and I'm a straight-A student and.." He paused and bit his lip. "I mean..I uh..football is my life and uhm I'm hoping to get a scholarship cause I'm a C average student.." He looked a little unsure about what he had just said. "Sorry..I just..." I cut him off. "You're a smart kid but you don't want your jock friends to find out because they'll treat you differently?" I looked over at him. He never took his eyes off the road. "Well..uhm yeah. You're the first person I've ever told that stuff to besides my parents..I just..I feel so comfortable with you. That I can be open with you and tell you everything." I smiled and blushed as the words flowed out of his mouth. I can't believe what he just said. "Then tell me everything..if you want." He smiled. "Well..I was a nerd once. Always into reading, writing, math, science, all of that. I never cared for sports. But then I changed one day because I was tired of having no friends. I was bullied for majority of my life. I had even self harmed at one point. I got abused by my dad. My parents are divorced because of what my dad did to me. My mom didn't know until I was in 5th grade. But even after that happened, I was still bullied. Even more now than before. My life now, well...I live with my mom. I read alot. Music is my escape and I get caught up in my art. Yeah, football and basketball are fun but they're not my thing. But..if it means not getting bullied, and mistreated, I'm all in for it. I don't wanna go back to my life before. I have glasses, I'm still a total nerd but no one knows." My stomach had just turned thinking about all the crap he's been through. I felt so bad for him. "I'm so sorry..around me all you have to be is yourself..there's no need to impress me or show off for me. I don't judge." I looked at him and smiled slightly reasurringly. "Sounds like I'll be hanging out with you alot then." He smiled and laughed slightly. I smiled and played with my fingers. "That's fine with me. I don't have many people to hang out with after school." I smiled and watched out the window. "Well. You have me now. How does everyday after school sound?" He smiled at me and kept driving. "Perfect." I can't believe I'll be hanging out with him. I never thought in a million years, he'd even know who I was.

   We pulled up at Wendy's and he got out and ran over to my side and opened my door for me.

I got out and smiled slightly. "Thank you.." He nodded and smiled as we walked inside. I followed behind him as he went up to order. I told them what I wanted and then Matt ordered what he wanted. "Go find a table and I'll bring our food." He smiled and I nodded and went to an empty table and sat down waiting for him. About 5 minutes after I had sat down, he came over to the table and set the food down. He went and got ketchup and all sorts of condiments. I still couldn't believe I was hanging out with him. I guess my clumsiness came in handy for once. I smiled and started to eat. I was so hungry. He came back and sat down. He smiled. "Hungry much?" I laughed slightly. "I'm fat, what do you expect?" I giggled and he chuckled. "You're not even close to fat. If you consider 130 fat, then I must be skinny." He smiled. I laughed wondering how he guessed my weight perfectly. "How did you know that?" I looked at him. "Eh. I'm magic. " He winked and laughed which made me smile. We both ate and when we were done I took our trash and threw it away. He smiled at me as I came back to the table. "Wanna go to the park? I mean, I'd like to get to know you better." I smiled and nodded. "Sounds fun." We both walked back outside and we got in his car. We buckled up and I watched out the window. "So...how old are you, Cassie?" I smiled a little and fiddled with my fingers. "I'm sixteen, and you?" I yawned slightly. "Me too. Do I even have you in any classes?" He kept his eyes on the road. "Yeah, I have you in 3 classes." He nodded and smiled. "Oh yeah! You're the quiet one that sits in the back of the class with your friend Dani and then Keaton. " I nodded and watched out the window.