1- Imtroduction

I know I suck at the summaries! Gah, sorry, but I hope you enjoy!

••

I always hated packing. It was always hard, carrying my oxygen tank, and the luggage. There was, of coarse, the risk of my lungs not getting enough oxygen, and possibly fainting. Bless my mom, though, that she only packed two suitcases and two bags of fun things. Mostly books, and a few board games. And every once in a while, chocolate. Chocolate is to the soul as clothes are for the body. Extremely important.

Every other year, it's just me and my mom. It used to be all three of us. My mom, dad, and me. But once he passed away we decided to keep going, as if keeping up with the old traditions. Because it is a tradition. Every year, around mid-July we head out for the lake about 2 hours from our house for a weekly trip. It's supposed to be just a week of relaxation and fun.

We started going when I got the cancer.

Lake Brancha was a small private lake. The only other neighbors were about a mile away. It was quiet and beautiful up there. We only owned a small cottage, with a dock, but strangely we had no boat. That was unsurprising though, because none of us knew how to work a boat, and my parents had once told me that having a boat was like throwing money away.

"Sweetie?" My mom called from in the garage, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I walked over to where she was. She was holding a big bin full of clothes. "I thought we might take a stop at Africa's Child and donate all of our old clothes." And by 'our' old clothes she probably meant mostly mine.

"Yeah, I suppose!" I riffled through some of the stuff to make sure nothing of mine that I really liked was in there.

"Mom! This is my favorite sweatshirt!" I said throwing the oversized sweatshirt over my head. It was a faded navy blue that came all the way down to about mid-thigh. It used to be my dads, before he passed away, his old painting sweatshirt. Whenever my mom and him were going to paint he always threw this on. There were a few holes and paint splatters, but I still loved the coziness.

"Sorry, honey, I was just going through your things, didn't really see what I was grabbing." She shrugged her shoulders. "Anything else?" I shook my head signaling she could put it in the car.

Once we were done packing up the car, and I was secure in my seat with my oxygen tank by me, we were ready to go. And as soon as we hit the road, my head was nodding back and forth, my eyes dropping, and I almost asleep.

••

Hope you liked this? Great, will update soon. Don't forget to vote/comment! Awesome!