21. Don't you trust me?

June 4th, 1993
Three weeks later....

Harlem, NewYork

Harlem Hospital

Emoni,

"You ready to get home, auntie?"

"Yeah. I've been in here long enough, I'm ready to get my black ass home."

I gave off a small smile with a head nod. "I'll go get the car ready while you finish up in here, okay?"

"Okay."

I grabbed my keys and walked out of her area walking all the way down the long hall to make my way to the front door. I pulled open the door and went outside. I put my hand up to block the forceful wind that blew directly in my face.

On the walk towards my car, I eventually ended up putting my hand down not caring about the strong winds anymore. I've lived here long enough now to be used to the cold weather. Just not that used to it, to ever decide to stay here for good.

The plans still the same, as soon as I get my money together, I'm moving back home to Beverly Hills. But until then, I'm gonna continue to live with Birdie.

Speaking of him, we haven't seen each other in the past couple weeks. Well, we have seen each other but briefly, we talk on the phone more than anything and he doesn't seem to have a problem with that so it will stay that way.

Especially until I look more into what my auntie was talking about, telling me about all those other girls and what not. It's best we keep our distance, and to be honest I think it's making our relationship better, ya know, not living together has been great.

Both of us should have never agreed to move in together in the first place. It was too soon. That's when our relationship really started to crumble.

It's whatever though, what's done is done. I'm not gonna look back either only the future will make this relationship work.

So, so be it.

After getting the car started up I saw the nurse wheeling out my auntie. I shook my head clear of my thoughts before getting out of the car because I didn't want her in my business. "She's all set." Said the nurse with a sweet smile upon her face.

I gave off a small smile back. "Thank you," I said.

"You ready Auntie?"

"Yeah."

I helped my auntie up from the wheelchair and into the passenger side of the car. I jogged back over to the driver's side and got in the car. "You ready to go?" I said turning to her.

"Yep., " she said getting comfortable in her seat.

I smiled at her before turning back to the wheel. I reached over my shoulder to grab my seatbelt and strapped it over my chest.

"You coming to my house?" My auntie asked as I pulled out the driveway.

"No, I have some business to take care of." I said.

"Okay then. I need help fixing up my place though."

I sighed. "I know auntie, I'm gonna come over there tomorrow so don't worry about that. Just rest up today."