A Letter for You

Dear Miss Perfect,

               I always want to let you know that I have been having these unrequited feelings ever since I met you.  I may only be a stranger to you but please hear me out on what I wanted to say to you for all these years.

I love everything about you. The way your eyes sparkle on something that interests you is simply wonderful. Your lips, the colour of a beautiful red rose, are astounding. The way you talk especially when you laugh is so cute. The way you move around the school is like a dance of a graceful ballerina. The way you socialize with people is like a butterfly flitting around a garden. Everything about you is a wonder!

And yet...The way I am is nothing compared to a sun like you. I’m only a meteor admiring the loveliness of a star like you. Your warmth so close and yet so far.

I’m only a worthless dreamer who keeps daydreaming about the thought that you and I would get to know each other. I know. It’s a useless dream but the thought of you makes my heart race like a metronome. You’re the person who inspires me to do everything.

If you wanna know more about me, then don’t bother. Why? Because I’m different from your social group friends. I’m nothing compared to you. Your pretty, famous and intelligent, you are almost perfect and I am nothing. I am not even handsome to start with. My styles are those of the ordinary people. I’m like a fly next to a butterfly when I’m next to you. But whenever you smile at my direction... I smile like it’s a reflex action even though your smile isn’t for me. When you notice me one way or the other and called out my name... I felt my heart skipped a few beats. I can’t believe a queen like you would notice a commoner like me...

If I can describe myself to you... it may not be of what you expected but here goes. My looks are those of ordinary people. I don’t even have the looks to make you notice me. I don’t have a single good talent within me. I don’t know even know how to play a guitar. I can’t dance. I can’t even sing. So, there’s no way you could notice me. I’m a simple guy that is in love with a special girl like you.

So the only thing I can assure you is that you can always count on me when you have problems. If you even tell me something about the person you like, then I’ll gladly accept it. I can’t complain if you only want us to be friends, it’s better than being strangers. I’m pretty sure the guy you like is so lucky for having a girl like you liking him.

So, this is the only thing I can say to you to ease my feelings of guilt... I love you. Both my heart and my soul belong to you.

From,

A Guy who’s deeply in Love you