CHAPTER 27

ANIKA'S WARD

It was 8 in the evening, when Anika woke up from her sleep. She looked around her room and finds Shivaay who is sitting on the couch and he was half- sleeping on the sofa.

Anika looks at him and smiles. She was feeling thirsty but she doesn't want to disturb Shivaay. So she slightly sits on the bed and tries to take the glass from the bedside table. She keeps the glass on the table and picks up the jug with difficulty and was about to the pour the water in glass but due to weakness, jug slips from her hand and it fell down on the floor.

Due to the breaking sound of jug, Shivaay's sleep broke and he sees the jug fallen on the floor. he looks towards the bed and sees Anika sitting there with a helpless face. He immediately runs towards Anika.

S- What happened, Anika? Are you fine? Do you need anything?

A- I am sorry, Shivaay. I disturbed your sleep.

S- Its ok, Anika but if you want something, you should have called me. I would have helped you.

A- I was thirsty so I was trying to take water but it fell down.

S-Don't worry, I'll get another jug. You take rest.

Shivaay makes her lie down and goes to take water.

After few minutes, he brings water for her and makes her drink it.

A- Shivaay, When will I get discharge from here? I don't like hospitals. I feel more sick.

S- Anika, we can't do anything without doctor's consent.

A- But, Shivaay I don't want to stay here anymore. Its very boring to lie down on the bed 24*7.

Anika makes a puppy face and Shivaay melts after seeing her cute puppy face.

S- Ok. I will talk to doctor.

Anika squeals in happiness.

A- Yaaayyy.

S- But if doctor denies, then you have to stay here okay.

Anika nods in confirmation.

Doctor comes inside Anika's ward to do her check-up.

After doing her check up, he says-

D- She is fine but she has to take complete bed rest till her wounds recover completely.

S- Ok doctor, I will take care of her. Doctor, I want to ask you that is it safe for her to discharge by tomorrow because madam doesn't like hospitals.

A- Please doctor.

D- Ok.I will discharge her by tomorrow morning but you have to take complete care of her. I hope you understand.

S- Ok doctor. Thank you.

Anika smiles widely.

A- Thank God. Finally I will go home tomorrow and I will be freed from this boring hospital.

S- But I will not spare you ok you have to follow my rules at home and you will not step down from bed at home.

Anika nods with a sad face.

S- Now what happened?

A- You know what you are very boring. huh!

Suddenly OmRu enters the room with balloons and flowers.

R- But we are very interesting bhabhi.

Anika looks at them with a wide smile on her face.

A-OmRu.

R- Hello bhabhi.How are you?

A- I am fine Rudra.

O- But bhabhi, how you got into this accident?

A-Actually Om, me and dadi went to temple. After completing our prayers, we were leaving the temple, dadi asked me to call for an autorickshaw and meanwhile she would distribute the food to the poor people. I agreed and while I was crossing the road, a car came with a full speed and hit me. Everything was so fast that I could not understand anything but one thing which I noticed that a lady was driving that car. I was not able to look at her face clearly but I am hundred percent sure that it was a lady.

O- Shivaay, I don't think that it is an unintentional accident. I think it was pre-planned or may be somebody tried to kill Anika bhabhi.

R- But why will somebody try to kill bhabhi? She doesn't have any enemies.

A- Yes Rudra is right. I don't think that this accident is intentional. I don't have any enemies.

S- But I will find out that who is behind this accident whether it is intentional or not . I won't leave that person who tried to harm my Anika.

A-  Its Ok Shivaay. Leave it.

S- No Anika. I will not leave this matter without punishing the culprit.

Shivaay calls ACP.

S- Hello ACP Randhawa. This is Shivaay Singh Oberoi. I want to talk to about my wife's accident case.

ACP- Yes Mr.Oberoi.

S- Actually my wife told me that the person who was driving the car was a lady. I think it was an intentional accident.

ACP- Ok, Mr. Oberoi. We are investigating this case. We took an official statement from your dadi and luckily she saw the number plate of the car so I think it will be easy to find the person who did this accident. Don't worry, Mr. Oberoi we will find the culprit soon.

S- Thank you, sir.

Shivaay disconnects the call and looks towards Anika.

A- Shivaay, leave this matter. Why are you getting into it so much? Just let the Bygones be bygones. Everything is good now and see I am also fine.

S- No, Anika. You are not understanding. I feel something is not right. I feel there is a threat on your life and I cannot ignore this.

Anika senses his emotions and tries to calm him down. She grabs his hand and makes him sit on the bed beside her and side hugs him.

A- Ok. Calm down. I will not stop you from doing anything but please don't stress yourself.

S- Anika, you have to understand that it is very important for me to find the culprit because I can't afford to lose you. I will die without you.

He says with moist eyes. Anika looks at him and hugs him tightly.

A- I am sorry, Shivaay. I promise I will not leave you ever.

Shivaay also hugs her back.

Rudra fake coughs.

Shivika breaks the hug and gets embarrassed after looking at OmRu because they were giving teasing smiles.

R- Bhaiyya , I think you should get a room for your PDA.

S- Shut Up Rudra. For your information, we are in  a room only.

Om and Anika laughs at him while Rudra was making a puppy face.

PRECAP- Shivaay gets to know about the real culprit.

*************************
Hello beautiful people. 🤗🤗

I hope you all are fine. ☺️☺️

I know this chapter is not up to the mark but I wrote this  chapter in a hurry. 🙁

There is a good news for you all and for me as well. So the good news is that my exams are postponed. 😀😀

But I will try to give regular updates because December is really very hectic for me. 😥😥

Thank you so much for waiting so patiently. ❤️❤️

Please keep voting and give your precious comments. 💞💞

Love you all. 💕💕

Bye bye. 🙋🙋