❧ Chapter I - The Garner

If the Hunger Games was still running, I'm afraid I'd be in it. Thanks to the Girl on Fire, she removed it. Living in District 1 is easy: one click and you have what you want. But I don't like it that way, i like it rough. 

The birds sang as I took a sip from my milk tea. There were a lot of orders today, I like it. They love my designs. 

"Ma'am," Nympha, my personal assistant, called "Ma'am"

"Yes?" I ask her. "Is there any problem?"

"No, ma'am," She said.

I looked at her. "What are you gonna say?"

"There's a letter for you," She said as she handed me an envelope. "Here."

"Thank you," I smiled. "You may go now." I scanned the envelope. Its all spring green and decorated with pink-colored ornaments. I saw the Capitol symbol. This letter must be important.

   I opened the letter and saw my name in bold font. 

      Eburnine Crete,

                Greetings from the Capitol!

                        Today is the Garner, the meeting of all aspiring designers to make it for the Thread Trials. We have scanned all designing company and we are pleased to inform you that you are automatically in for the said competition. You have exactly 30 minutes to pack-up and bring all your materials. After that, a limousine will arrive and pick you up.

                               Thank you and may the odds be ever in your favor!

                                                                                                                    Yours in the Capitol, 

                                                                                                                                       Effie Trinket