Chapter Three

The cold water splashed against my face as I stared at my dripping reflection in the bathroom mirror. I had to calm down. Rubbing a towel across my face, I watched through the mirror as Talmai and Pili lounged around on the bed, their spaded tails intertwining subconsciously. I sighed and walked out of the bathroom, past the two imps, and out into the corridor, moving to one of the guest rooms.

It was rare for me to get a moment of peace, and, although I didn't need it, I would use it to sleep. I liked sleeping. The warm comfortable feeling of being wrapped in blankets while dreaming unnecessarily was too perfect to pass up.

I slumped on the soft bed and sighed as my head hit the pillow. Staring up at the decoratively carved ceiling, I let my thoughts wonder for what seemed like hours until a knock sounded at my door. I slowly sat up, willing the door to open and relaxing when it did so. It had been a while since I'd used magic. I never really saw the point of it when I could just as easily do things physically.

"Talmai?" I asked in surprise when the little imp wondered into the room. "Where's Pili?"

"Asleep," he answered quietly, closing the door silently behind him and steadily approaching my bed. "Talmai thought that maybe this was a good time to come and see Anubis." I watched as Talmai crawled onto the bed, his hips swinging seductively as he made his way into my lap.

My arms wrapped around him automatically to support his small frame as he turned to face me. The imp's big blue eyes stared up at me, becoming half-lidded in an attempt at 'bedroom eyes' - and, gods, was it working.

"What are you doing?" I asked in an attempt to calm myself and force my body not to just take him right then and there. He liked me, there was no doubt about it, but I didn't want to bring myself to just using him lake everyone else did with his species. To most people, imps were objects either for pleasure or convenience, and I didn't want to be the kind of person who thought that way about a living creature.

"Does it matter?" he whispered in reply, his voice husky with a need that was slowly yet easily crumbling my wall of self-restraint. "Anubis should just relax. Talmai knows what to do."

I let him guide my body against the headboard, releasing a deep breath I hadn't realised I'd been holding. He was experienced, and I didn't know whether or not I was upset or turned on by the thought that he would know exactly what to do to make a man feel good, though the bulge in my jeans was pushing me more towards the idea of being turned on.

Talmai smiled and pressed his face against my chest, his hands running up my shirt before tugging it over my head and discarding it onto the floor. He then pulled his own shirt off and dropped it onto the carpet before removing his shorts. I raised an eyebrow at the fact that he wasn't wearing any underwear, making him smirk triumphantly.

"Talmai came prepared," he stated as his smile grew wider and he leaned forward to press his soft pink lips against mine.

"You sure did," I mused against his mouth, my hands gripping at his thighs as my last shred of restraint left my mind. The imp's legs spread until he was straddling my hips, his bare erection pressing against my groin. I popped the button on my jeans and let him pull them off along with my boxers before pressing my lips against his again.