9

Chapter 9

Brendon's POV-

*yawn*

I looked around my room while trying to wake up. I laid back down in my bed and thought about the previous night. I remembered the kiss. It was amazing. All day, the only thing I've been thinking about is Hope. As I was brushing my teeth, preparing to go to bed, my phone buzzed. It was a text from Hope.

H: hey, did I by any chance leave my wallet in your car?

B: oh! That wallet? Hm, yeah. I think I recall seeing a feminine wallet in my car. I mean, it's not mine because I like you (a girl).

H: Huh, that's weird because I never took it out or opened my purse...

B: I guess we'll never know.

H: Okay well, when you can, can you bring it over?

B: Be there in 5.

H: Wait!

B: yes?

H: Grant can't see you!

B: Don't worry. I can take him.

H: dude, I don't want to be seen walking around with a bruised up guy. You don't want people thinking you got beat up by a girl, do you?

B: so what you're saying is,we'll be spending more time together?

H: do I need to rephrase that?

B: Right.... okay, I'll be by your window.

H: that's not stalkerish at all... My mom installed a ladder by my window for a fire escape, so I'll push that down and meet you in the backyard.

B: okie dokie.

As I was finishing up my teeth, some toothpaste fell onto my shirt.

"Crap!"

I quickly changed into a tight-fitting underarmour shirt, slipped a gray jacket on, and ran out the door with her wallet.

Hope's POV-

I carefully set down the ladder and planted my foot on the roof. I was able to see a light beaming through the kitchen window underneath me. I saw Brendon. Woah... He is fit! I waved at him to indicate where I was. He saw me and creeped over. He must have seen someone because he ducked down and laid flat on the ground.

"Haha! You're all wet!" I mouthed.

He held the ladder for me. I was half way down when I saw Grant in the kitchen. He was on his phone. I could tell he was about to look up so I quickly and unexpectedly jumped off the ladder onto Brendon.

"Ow!" Brendon whined.

"Baby." I laughed.

"I have to admit, this does hurt a little but, since it's you, I'm going to enjoy this a little longer." He smirked.

"Oh, shut up." I teased while getting up. "Do you have my wallet?"

"Yep. Here ya go." He smiled while handing me my teal Jessica Simpson wallet.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"No problem. I don't mind an excuse to see you." He smirked.

"Ok..." I laughed while blushing. I'm lucky it was too dark to see.

"Well, I'll see ya later!" He expressed while pecking me on the cheek.

"Goodnight." I whispered.

"Night." He waved while walking towards his house.