Chapter Three

"How dare you act as if I had it easy!"

I settle into the middle of the two leaders

I settle into the middle of the two leaders. Clarke and Wells lead the way whilst Bellamy and his bitch bring up the tail of our squad. Every mile or so Wells would glance back to check I was alright and I'd offer him a kind smile before he was pulled back into conversation with Clarke. Or argument. All the pair seem to do is argue.

That was why I settled for the middle. It is quiet. The only sound which surrounds us is from the chirping of birds or the flicking of insects. No machine hum. It was strange to get used to but I found myself slowly adjusting. As an engineer I'm use to surrounding myself with so much metal on my workstation, crowded with so many half complete jobs. Raven use to joke that I needed a mechanic such as her to finish them. However, Wick would swoop in an say that I was saving their completion for something epic.

Well, I can say I'm still waiting on my something epic.

"Hey hold up!" Bellamy shouts catching up with me "What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart."

"Put the gun away Bellamy" Wells orders as him and Clarke spin around.

"Why don't you do something about it huh?!" Murphy jumps in shoving Wells once again. I swear this boy is just looking for a fight.

"You want me to drop you on your ass again Murphy?" I retaliate, shoving him by the shoulder off Wells which earns me a hard glare. Not that his face depicts anything but salty on a regular basis.

Stepping towards me Clarke pushes me behind her slightly "Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear struck his heart he would have died instantly." She explains to Bellamy, glancing momentarily at Murphy, "Doesn't mean we have time to waste."

"As soon as you take off your wristband" Bellamy shoots back, launching for Clarke's wrist which she instantly pulls back to her.

Protectively I shove him backward away from Clarke's space "Her wristband her choice" I snap at him. Smirking at his intimidated expression I shrug "Whatever the hell we want, right?" Bellamy must've thought I couldn't hear the group of them when I was singing to myself inside the dropship. The way he taunted and riled them up against the Ark. From the corner of my eye, I catch Murphy's eyes flicking between Bellamy and me. Waiting for something to happen.