Chapter3

“Midgard!” I growled in frustration. Why was that realm so hard to conquer? I’ve tried and tried again, but as soon as I have it in my grasp, I lose hold of it. Oh, I remember. My cursed step brother Thor. He protects that realm like it was his. Because of that woman. Jane Foster. It was because of her that Thor is a thorn in my side. I needed to find a way to conquer Midgard without Thor’s immediate notice. But how?

                Out of nowhere, a woman appeared in front of me. She had long straight blonde hair, strikingly blue eyes and a fair complexion. She stood about five nothing. Her attire was similar to mine but feminine. It took a moment to register who she was. “Fearra. What are you doing here? well, more like it, what do you want?” I asked, genuinely surprised. I haven’t seen her in years.

                “Can’t I just visit my brother?” Fearra huffed.

                “It’s been years. People do not just show up after what, five… six years. Especially you.” I said, crossing my arms.

                She frowned but nodded. “Very true, brother.”

                My hand went to my head. “Dear Fearra, how many times must I say to you, I am not your brother.”

                Her hand twirled the staff in her hand. It wasn’t a very large staff. She mainly used it to control water if I do remember. “Well, you’re closer than Thor ever was.” She sneered.

                Thor was actually her blood brother. Odin was just un-happy with a daughter. Yes… he wanted boys mainly. So, knowing this, she left. She knew that she would never be loved as much as Thor was. Fraya, our dear mother, loved her. But, apparently Fearra longed for her father’s appreciation. I know I did. She and I had a bond. We knew we were no match for Thor. She was the only person I trusted. Fearra left six years ago. Where did she go, I do not know.

                “What do you want?” I hissed. I was still mad about her leaving me on my own. I had no one to turn to.

                She sat on the edge of the table. Yes, I was working at a desk. She started twirling her staff around, stopping every now and then to look at it closely. “Oh, I just wanted to visit.” She saw my skeptical look and grinned. “And help.”

                I raised an eye brow. “What do you mean help?”

                Her grin disappeared and she started tracing random weird patterns on the desk top. “You know what I mean. You want to conquer midgard. I want to help, dear brother.” And suddenly my desk was wet.

                I removed my hands from the surface. “Oh, really? Are you-“

                And at that moment, little Merrith padded in, saw Fearra and ran to me. “Daddy. Who is that?”

                I picked her up and she clung to me again, this time, her hands were tense on the collar of my cloak.

                Fearra stared at me. Her eye twitched a little then she spoke. “Loki, tell me, who is that?”

                I laughed nervously. I forgot to mention, Fearra doesn’t know I took Merrith in. I for one am not the one who would take in a child and care for them. But things tend to change. Overtime. “Fearra, this is Merrith. My, urm, daughter.”

                Fearra’s eye twitched at least two more times then she started laughing. Merrith’s grip tightened. She was scared of Fearra obviously. She buried her face in my shoulder, whimpering a little. “Fearra, please.”

                She caught her breath and straightened up. “Ha ha ha. I’m sorry brother. I just never imagined you’d ever care for a child.” She came up next to us, and patted Merrith’s shoulder. “I’m sorry little one. I did not mean to scare you so.”

                Merrith looked at her cautiously. She had no idea she had an ‘aunt’ I guess that’s the right term.

                “May I?” Fearra asked, gesturing to Merrith. Meaning, she wanted to hold her. I handed her Merrith. Merrith at first was little hesitant but eventually ended up having fun with her.

                Sighing, I sat down on the chair at the desk. Watching them play was entertaining. Especially seeing my step sister playing with this toddler. Fearra, cold, hard, cynical. The one, who left, is now playing with Merrith. Having fun. It was interesting to watch. “Fearra, why did you come back?” I asked, as my curiosity was piqued.

                She looked up at me. “I told you, I wanted to help.” Her gaze shifted downwards. “Besides, I wanted to see my favorite brother.”

                I laughed. She was my favorite sibling as well. I cannot lie to that.

                now, u have to honestly tell me what you think. My friend, @Crazyblonde13 came up with Fearra, and honestly, i like her, alot. XD SIBLINGS!!! XDDD lol, i'm absolutly acting hyper... odd... i am almost never hyper... odd, very odd... anywho! Vote/Comment/Fan! -Ember13 (Em, Emmy)