Epilogue

I balanced a baby on my hip while three younger boys ran around the living room. Our oldest son is doing homework at the table while Briant is at a meeting. Michael said he would come over and I'm expecting him soon. "Mom do you want me to take Victoria so you can cook?" Eli asked coming into the kitchen.

I can't believe he's in the eighth grade already. "If you want to. Just make sure your homework is done before your father gets home." I said. "Yes ma'am." He replied taking his sister. He sat down at the table with her on his lap. He's definitely going to be super protective of her when she starts dating.

I'm not saying the other three will be the same. They will if they have Briant's DNA. "Haidy!!!" Michael yelled as he entered the house. "Kitchen. Eli do you need help with your homework?" I asked. "No. I'm good mom." Eli responded. "Mike keep an eye on the three in the living room." I said. "Anything for my dear cousin." He said.

When dinner was done, Eli was finished with his homework and was playing with his sister in the floor. She's going to grow up a tomboy. The front door opened revealing Briant. The three younger boys raced to him. Eli helped Victoria to her feet. She's eight months old, the youngest boy is two, then eight, and finally ten and fourteen. Eli let her go when she tore away from his grasp.

She toddled over to Briant. He picked her up and set her on his forearm. Daddy's little girl. She bunched up part of his jacket in her little fists. He came over to me and pulled me to his side. We agreed completely that we are not going to have any more kids after we found out we were having Victoria. Briant didn't even ask if I wanted it, he want and got a vasectomy so we wouldn't have any more babies. Six months before our daughter was born.

I didn't know he did it until we had unprotected sex after Victoria was born. He told me after I had taken a pregnancy test, telling me that it would have been more enjoyable than having a dozen kids running around when we're old and grey. I'm enjoying it too.

We sat down at the table with our family. Four sons, a daughter, my cousin that loves to drop in to visit and us. We would rather grow old together than not be happy apart. It all started when I decided to sit down in front of the window at a prison after an MC came to my previous home town...