Why Me? [Naruto]

Authornote-There is a sequel to Why Me? known as You're Gonna Kill Me on my profile. Like this one-shot, it is the result of a contest plot bunny. If you enjoy this story, you might want to check it out.

----------

Why me? Naruto was ready to bolt any minute. His mind was still a mess. Thoughts buzzed all around like flies. He knew he just jumped from the frying pan and into the flames, but could not escape the possible punishment to come.

"Eek," Naruto squeaked, much like a tiny little mouse upon hearing a groan from the medical bed next to him. The very person he did not want to face was beginning to wake up.

Why did the nurse have to leave me here? Naruto shouted in his mind. He would bolt out of the chair, but his legs would not work.

"Agh, sore," Sasuke groaned, sitting up. "Huh? Where am I?" Sasuke looked over, making Naruto jump out of fright. Naruto trembled under the Sasuke's confuse glaze.

"Y-You're in the n-nurse's office." Naruto said, stuttering. His face pale as he looked at the sheets.

"Nurse's office? Oh, yeah. I was in a spar with you." Sasuke said, before noticing Naruto shifting nervously. "Speaking of which, how you knocked me out?"

"Ah..." Naruto's face lit up as he avoided eye contact. "A-A kick."

"A kick?" Sasuke asked, raising an eyebrow. "Why are you acting like that?"

"I'm fine!" Naruto snapped, tensing up with a beet red face. He could feel his ears throb. The room seemed to spin due to his shortness of breath. Just avoid it! Yeah. If I don't say anything, Sasuke will never know! Stay calm, stay calm.

"Odd. I was expecting you to be mocking me." Naruto's blush deepened as Sasuke looked at him. "You been always trying to beat me in spars. And you're always pissed when I beat you," Sasuke said with noticing Naruto's red face. "Hey, are you alright? You're a bit red."

"Of course not! You're a girl!" Naruto finally snapped. He instantly blanched with realizing what he said and seeing Sasuke's wide eyes. Ah! No! I said it!

"I'm dead," Naruto hissed in a whisper, burying his face into his hands. He was ready for whatever Sasuke was going to throw at him. The reason they were both in the nurse office was indeed for a spar. Naruto, however, won it by accidentally landing an uppercut kick right between Sasuke's legs. And discovered something he knew would get him killed possibly a very painful death, too. I'm too young to die!

"What did you say?" Sasuke asked, finally speaking after the few minutes.

"You're... a girl," Naruto said, hoping that keeping honest would at least save him from mortal death.

"Say it again?" Sasuke asked, oddly perky in tone for the usually stoic pre-teen.

"You're a girl and I kicked you between the legs." Naruto whined, ready to get on his knees and beg for forgiveness. He did not know hitting a girl between the legs was just as bad as it was for boys!

"Oh... That's why I'm still sore between my legs." Naruto looked from his hands, finding Sasuke flinching in pain. "I thought that near split was the cause of the aching."

"You're...not mad?" Naruto asked. He had been on the bad side of girls for all his life. He was expecting Sasuke to beat him to a pulp for what he did.

"Of course not! Someone finally accepts I am a girl!" Sasuke said, happily grabbing Naruto's hand. "No one would believe me, even the Hokage. All because of my clan's stupid policy and henge seal. At least they could change the records as soon as I prove the seal could be taken off!"