Isabella ran out of the room in a hurry, leaving the three men in the living room.

"Dean," Kevin started.

"No Kevin. What kind of show have you been running here? Letting her go out, unarmed, letting her read lore books at school?"

"She needs to prepare herself-"

"Look."

Kevin stops.

"She stays here. At the bunker. She goes to school. She comes home. She doesn't go to the library, she doesn't go to the movies, and she doesn't hang out with her friends. And she sure ain't gonna learn about monsters."

"Dean, she needs to go to the library. Izzy has a history project due next week and and English paper due Friday on Edgar Allan Poe. And in case you haven't noticed, all she does is read and study. She's a good kid."

Dean groans in exasperation. She sounds like Sam as a kid, he thought.

Kevin's manner softened.

"She's been having a hard time at school."

Dean was perplexed.

"What do you mean?" His tone changed from anger to curiosity.

"These kids at school like to push her around. Call her names, tease her. I tried calling the school but there were no witnesses and said I had no proof.

"She has no friends to hang out with, everyone is afraid to be seen with her. She brushes it off like no one else I've ever seen. It's like she doesn't even care."

"How long has thing gone on?" Dean was seeing red. Friggin' douchebag bullies pick on his kid. He wasn't havig' it.

"Since her first day."

"I'm calling the school first thing tomorrow, give 'em a piece of my mind."

"See! Why do you do that?"

He looked at the prophet with a look.

"Do what?"

"Do that! You don't call her, don't text her, don't care about her, but when something happens to her or you don't like how I'm taking care of your kid you get all pissed off," Kevin bellowed. He was way past angry at Dean.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"It's called selective parenting. You only care about her if other people treat her poorly when you do the same. You only care when you feel like it. She's your kid Dean, notice. You drop her off here like a child needing babysat and don't bother talking to her till now. So what is it Dean? Are you gonna be her dad or not?"

For once, Dean didn't have a smartass comment to reply with. His head was spinning slightly at Kevin's outburst. He had a good point, but Dean wasn't about to tell him that.

"Isabella!"

Dean's voice carried like a shockwave through the halls, bouncing off the many walls of the concrete structure.

Faint pattering of feet were heard getting louder and louder as Isabella advanced towards the holler.

"Yes?" she sounded wary . Dean wondered if it was because of him.

"We're going to the library. Get your stuff, we're leaving in five minutes."

She nodded just barely and disappeared around the corner.

Dean looked back at Kevin with a smug face; he looked slightly miffed.

"We'll be back by nine." Then he set off towards the garage.